Dragon Quest XI delisted on Steam and PSN following release of DQ XI S: Definitive Edition

header.jpg

If, for whatever reason, you ever wanted to purchase the the original digital release of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, you will no longer be able to do so. Square Enix has delisted the game on both Steam and the PlayStation Store, following the release of Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition. The new version, which initially was a timed Nintendo Switch exclusive, was ported over to the new platforms on December 4th, and added much more content, including a 2D mode, battle speed multipliers, an orchestrated version of the soundtrack, and more. While this seems like a sensible choice, the original Dragon Quest XI features better textures and graphical detail, as it wasn't designed for the lower-spec'd Nintendo Switch like the Definitive Edition was.

On the left is the PC version of Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition, while the image on the right is the same area in the 2018 PC release of Dragon Quest XI.

El6X7huWMAEJXvf.jpg El6X7idXUAAHbkz.jpg
For those bothered by the changes, there is a possibility of modders re-adding the old graphics to the PC version, or you can simply play the physical release of the original on PlayStation 4.

Notice: At the request of the publisher, DRAGON QUEST® XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age™ - Digital Edition of Light is unlisted on the Steam store and will not appear in search.

:arrow: Source

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why the hell would you even want the original anymore? the DE is just so much better in every way it fixes a lot of flaws the original had as well as add new stuff. so what if it's switch graphics it's still worth it you'd be mad to want the old version. also the 4k version of the original on the ps4 was fucking terrible it had so many graphical flaws like when you were running through the grass because it was fake 4K :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
That's fucking dumb. Extra content is nice and all, and I don't really care about the gimped graphics that much (though it certainly looks like ass vs the original IMO), but delisting the old version? C'mon now Squeenix, you literally could've just slashed the price and made some extra cash off people who can't afford whatever they're charging for the "DE"/don't care.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So they're releasing the Switch version, slapping a 40$ price on it, and then delist the original version,
When they could INSTEAD just release the Definitive Edition as an upgrade, for a slightly cheaper price, for those who own the original version.
My problem is that I have to buy the same game twice(first time when the OG version was the only choice) in order to fully experience all the content that was at the time, either japan-version exclusive, or simply didn't exist.
Normally that content should be offered as DLC.

I've been a loyal DQ fan for years, but looks like this is the end of the road.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why the hell would you even want the original anymore? the DE is just so much better in every way it fixes a lot of flaws the original had as well as add new stuff. so what if it's switch graphics it's still worth it you'd be mad to want the old version. also the 4k version of the original on the ps4 was fucking terrible it had so many graphical flaws like when you were running through the grass because it was fake 4K :P
And why should ppl buy the game twice? I already paid the original in full price Hope this shit gets cracked. Only bright side is we don't need to use the Orchestra mod for the original anymore.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
B/c its a separate game. The original is nothing more than a blueprint now
I got the original and I'm not planning to buy the definitive edition, I'm good with the "blueprint".

PS: I guess the same could be said about Persona 5 / Royal.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the original and I'm not planning to buy the definitive edition, I'm good with the "blueprint".

PS: I guess the same could be said about Persona 5 / Royal.
Same here im patient even tho it has DRM I'll just wait it out. Or deal with the switch version. Just prefer PC b/c of mods support

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
That is that kind of Behavior I do not like and thats it for me...no more Dragon Quest for me....
Instead of giving Owners the Chance/Option for an cheap Upgrade (from the Option to make an DLC I do not speak at all..) ,the Game is "vanished" and you can buy it again,because of the additional Content...that is simply :shit:.

What a Shame,I like the Dragon Quest Series,but with this Behavior - Thank you,I am no longer a Fan of it and I will no longer play it....they do not need to be surprised if the Game is maybe now mostly downloaded "illegally"....

Square Enix has delisted the game on both Steam and the PlayStation Store
Usually I do not say this,but now - fuck.gif Square Enix,I will never buy a Game from you.

If someone can help me please:
Is there a Way to give my Dragon Quest XI Game from Steam to another User ? Maybe someone have now more Fun with this Game.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: felix.200

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not the scummiest de-listing Squeenix has done. That still goes to Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim mysteriously vanishing from the PS Vita storefront the day Dissidia NT launched. And of course now that you can't buy older games on the website any more, you'd need a PSP to access the PSP store (assuming that's still a thing), buy it, and then download it onto your Vita. The saddest part is that Duodecim is a far better value prospect than NT. More depth, characters, an actual plot, and it's only 8 quid. No wonder they didn't want people knowing that still existed, it blows NT out of the water.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night