1. elk1007

elk1007 GBAtemp Regular

United States

lol in the newer image, the torch stand isn't even connected to the support ring.

2. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    Guys, guys, calm down, you know what this means, no?
    If they remove the game from the stores and don't want you to buy it anymore, means they're allowing you to pirate it :v
    So generous on their end, thanks Squeenix, gonna go get me a torrent for the game~

Subtle Demise likes this.
  3. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    woah, that's a huge downgrade graphics-wise

felix.200 and Glyptofane like this.
  4. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

United States
    The Last Remnant was delisted from Steam shortly before the PS4 remaster... since then they've never released the enhancements for PC.

felix.200 and fvig2001 like this.
  5. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Yar har mateys!

6. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    It's very normal to do this, the only odd choice is the graphical changes. I doubt the publisher thought or knew about that and they're the ones who did it.

The graphical differences aren't massive and i'm sure within a week modders will fix it for the 1% who care.

You gotta be real entitled and whiny to actually complain about this.

banjo2 likes this.
  7. Subtle Demise

United States
    So they charge $60 for what was essentially an incomplete game, charge $40 for the "upgrade" (who wants to bet the save files aren't compatible either?), and throw in a graphical downgrade as an added bonus, but any complaint is "entitlement" lol

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Do people really want the shitty MIDI in the original version? :lol: Sorry but the extra/QOL stuff and 40 vs 60 dollar price tag is more than enough for me.

console likes this.
  9. Subtle Demise

United States
    The graphics are downgraded, and the orchestral music already existed for the original version as a mod.

felix.200 and alexander1970 like this.
  10. the_randomizer

United States
    So then don't get it. Or hell, pirate it. and one shouldn't have to have a mod for better music. Also battles can be sped up, original version battles were too damn slow and painful.

console likes this.
  11. Subtle Demise

United States
    The problem is that an upgrade should upgrade everything, not downgrade some and upgrade others.

draftguy, Dodain47 and alexander1970 like this.
  12. GamerzHell9137

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Tbh i prefer the original vs the orchestrated. The music in DQ was always midi'd so its a series staple feature at this point. I checked the orchestrated and it just sucks, feel the same with FFX orchestrated, glad they didn't cut it out like the graphics.

PoiRan, Chary and Subtle Demise like this.
  13. the_randomizer

United States
    So then don't buy it, sheesh

14. GamerzHell9137

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Ohh i won't for sure, there's already the "community" version lol

15. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You know, I'm actually impress with this game. (Not the port, DQXI as a whole) Lots of people know final fantasy, but hardly most people talk about dragon quest as much as final fantasy (probably cause FF has more games than DQ) But to give credit where it's due, I never cared or enjoyed a dragon quest game as much as this one. :)

I don't know why though, its traditional as it can be, and by that I mean it plays as close as every other game in the series. :blink:

I don't know if is because I'm playing it on the switch or not. I don't know if is be cause it has traditional game play. But it just made me play it for so long that nintendo recorded it as second most played game of 2019 next to smash ultimate. Even though I had played Dragon quest 8 and 9, I never finished those, I just got bored of it. Only game I did finish was the one on gameboy that played similar to pokemon many years ago. :blink:

But this game succeeds in offering me a fun experience even if it is traditional. I would even say, that the many years of sticking to an unchanged formula, figuring out what to improve, what to keep. Lots of experience polishing the game. It has good balance, pacing, action scene... story. But I mean it's Yuji Hori, so of course, (He helped make chrono trigger) :P

Still, I hope next game is able to keep my interest. Even better, I hope it also has a 3D & 2D mode. EVEN EVEN BETTER I hope a Dragon quest 8 HD version comes out. (Maybe add 2D mode) Many people seem to like that one specifically. Might even get me to play and finish it if they include the same quality of life improvements. :ninja:

16. Golds

Golds Old Member

United States
    I beat and platinumed the original on PS4. what's new in this one that I didn't get in the first one? I play with the sound off, cause I don't know why, just like playing games quiet for some reason, so music is not a deal breaker for me.

17. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Maniac

Indonesia
    the trailer looked convincing. seems a fun action rpg in DQ universe. but I am not convinced I will enjoy it. the only DQ series I like is DQ monsters.

18. Subtle Demise

United States
    It's not an action RPG, it's an old-school turn based one.

eriol33 likes this.
  19. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Maniac

Indonesia
    wow funny how I missed that one. definitely on my wishlist.

20. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    I get the logic (don't compete with yourself) but do agree it is a dubious move from a game history perspective. Once more I get to join a chorus of "this is what you get when you allow your downloadable games to be DRM laden and not generally able to be resold".

You must have been having a break from gaming for the last 15 or so years.
    I could go and wax poetic about where once ports released to later devices might have been expected to fix a bug, add a bit of content, shine up some graphics or otherwise add some kind of value beyond not having to fetch the old device then... I am having a debate between *points at Silent Hill HD collection*, *points at Skyrim releases on later devices still having bugs trivially fixed by modders years before*, *points at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered* and *points at Halo: The Master Chief Collection*.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Definitive, following, delisted