Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some info from WikiPedia:
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (????????V ?????, Doragon Kuesuto Faibu Tenk? no Hanayome?, lit. "Dragon Quest V: Bride of Heaven"), Dragon Quest: The Hand of the Heavenly Bride in Europe[3], is a console role-playing game and the fifth installment in the Dragon Quest video game series developed by Chunsoft and published by the Enix Corporation. It is the first Dragon Quest title to be released for the Nintendo Super Famicom (SFC) video game console. It was first released for the SFC in Japan on September 27, 1992, and has been remade as a PlayStation 2 game in 2004 in Japan, which was developed by Artepiazza and Matrix Software,[1] and published by Square Enix. Another remake for the Nintendo DS has been recently announced by Square Enix and is currently in development.[4] It is currently set for a July 17, 2008 release in Japan.[2] The remake will also see release in North America[5] and Europe[3], marking the first time the game will have an official release in either territory.

Along with Dragon Quest VI, the original Super Famicon release never reached North America. In the absence of an official translation, two finished fan translations exist for the Super Famicom version[6], and a fan translation of the PS2 version is in development.[7]

Dragon Quest V takes place over twenty years of the main character's life, in which he gets married and has a family. The title features an interesting gameplay dynamic in which monsters from random encounters may offer to join the player's party. This concept was used in later Dragon Quest games, and focused on exclusively in the Dragon Quest Monsters series. Catching monsters would also be later used in the Pokémon video game series.[8]

w00t check this
biggrin.gif

Scans:
Dragonquest.jpg

Dragonquest2.jpg

Dragonquest3.jpg

Dragonquest4.jpg

Coming for the DS

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice! I mean, DQIV still hasn't come out in English, but I'm already looking forward to this. This looks pretty similar in any case. A good thing though, the small amount of DQIV I played was enjoyable enough. It's very much like Final Fantasy for anyone who doesn't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...