Gaming Dragon Quest on DS?

linuxdude2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the bricker won't do all that much to the lite, the later firmware revisions protected against it. as far as i know it doesn't do anything to the dsi or 3ds.

if you are scared about it, dslazy has a ds bricker scanner.

-another world
I also heard that moonshell scans NDS files before it loads them
So if it is a bricker
It will refuse to run it

Or I can run it in an emulator

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing you should know before you start playing a Dragon Quest game is that the series hasn't changed much since the NES days. The increased power of today's systems allows for better graphics and longer storylines, and the English localizations have definitely improved, but at their heart, the Dragon Quest games of today are much the same beast as the NES Dragon Warrior games; the combat system is that of a fairly standard turn-based JRPG, and plotlines tend to be fairly standard "chosen hero saves the world" fare.

Most of what makes recent entries to the series stand out from other JRPGs is that Dragon Quest has a sense of humor. Storylines are lighthearted and characters crack jokes (or are the butt of running jokes, such as Yangus and Trode in DQ8). The characters and monsters are designed by Akira Toriyama (well, they always have been, but it's become much more apparent since Dragon Quest 8), and tend to look silly, or have some rather unusual attacks. For example, Witches have the Puff-Puff skill. If you don't know what that is, look it up. And then laugh at the hilarious mental image, and the fact that they will frequently use the attack on your female party members.
Also all of the town names are puns.
One thing that's different from the NES games, though. There isn't nearly as much exploration in DQIX as there was in DQII.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you care to brave japanese language, there is a better version of Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2. Its the Pro version, and completely playable without being able to read (J) language.

And if you plan on buying a 3DS, Terry's Wonderland will be coming. Its a 3DS remake of the original Dragon Warrior Monsters for GBC (possibly one of the BEST games for GBC ever). Hopefully it will make it over to the states...or i will murder families.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you care to brave japanese language, there is a better version of Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2. Its the Pro version, and completely playable without being able to read (J) language.

And if you plan on buying a 3DS, Terry's Wonderland will be coming. Its a 3DS remake of the original Dragon Warrior Monsters for GBC (possibly one of the BEST games for GBC ever). Hopefully it will make it over to the states...or i will murder families.
Seriously!? They're remaking DWM on the 3DS? Now I'm excited. They better bring it over, or they'll have a lot of bawwing on their hands.

Reactions: 1 person

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seriously!? They're remaking DWM on the 3DS? Now I'm excited. They better bring it over, or they'll have a lot of bawwing on their hands.
Where have you been friend?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Where have you been friend?
Ah, that was posted while I was gone. The game looks just plain awesome, and I'll be d@mned if they don't bring it over. Or rather, they'll be d@mned.

Reactions: 1 person

linuxdude2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not plan on ever buying a Nintendo console again since their last good consoles were the Wii and Nintendo DS Lite. Starting with the DSi, fail!!!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. ok, well in that case, get a GBC emulator for your DS and do yourself the pleasure of playing the original DWM. I think you can play DW1&2, and well as 3 while you are in the GBC kindgom.

linuxdude2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. ok, well in that case, get a GBC emulator for your DS and do yourself the pleasure of playing the original DWM. I think you can play DW1&2, and well as 3 while you are in the GBC kindgom.
Ok
I already have Lameboy
I'll get those ROMs
Thanks for the help

I'll also get all of the DQ DS games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon