ROM Hack Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of the Starry Skies freeze at...

S

spectral

CookiesMilk said:
Have a noob question to ask here... Why does it need patch?? I thought flash carts firmware will solve the AP issue
frown.gif

The firmware updates will fix it for most cards once they are released. However that has not happened yet so people are using patched roms so they can play is now rather than waiting for FW updates.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Freezing at the mini medal pirate. I am using the patched version on M3 simply. 3 times so far at the exact same spot theres a blinking arrow and the music is skipping and repeating and I cannot do anything.
LE sigh

Ducccky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Joltlord said:
The Xenom rom works perfectly on my acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.6 RC2 so I am happy, I know it may not be very helpful but google Xenom and Dragon Quest IX to get the good rom

Thank you now i can play without any freezes

GRmask

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
guys.
i downloaded the bahamut version but it freezes on 2nd boss.
but if i download the xenom version,i will need to start the game again?
please help me.

lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
GRmask said:
guys.
i downloaded the bahamut version but it freezes on 2nd boss.
but if i download the xenom version,i will need to start the game again?
please help me.

just rename ur .sav file same name as ur rom.nds

falcon21002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Xenom Version of the game, played it on R4 bout half way into game, and one boss (I presume its a boss, unable to fight it) blacks my screen, but music is still playing tho.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried both versions, and the Bahamut version black screens me after making a character, and the Xenom version froze on me after I climbed out of a well. Using AK2i with AKAIO and R4i Ultra with default kernel. I'll try on Wood R4 when my Shoptemp parcel arrives.

I can't be bothered to try again now as I'm sick of making the same character over and over.

EDIT: I tried again on my AK2i and it works fine... I'm suspecting a defective AceKard as it's been playing up for a month or so now...

mimiandme

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.. im using r4i gold and xenom patched version of this game, still i freeze on the part where the i defeated the witch with the knight. Is there any solution to this? thank you.

llagreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was anyone able to get passed the Dark Knight. I am using Arckard 2.1 AKAIO v1.7.1 Clean rom with patch. But besides that the game has been working great. Anyone have any idea?

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CookiesMilk said:
Have a noob question to ask here... Why does it need patch?? I thought flash carts firmware will solve the AP issue
frown.gif

You're using a CycloDS, aren't you?
The game doesn't need to be patched on the Cyclo. Their AP-bypass feature works flawlessly on this game.

lonfar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had tried all three and none got it working on my Supercard DSonei T.T

Either they freezes at the tree or the video. Played Xenom one and went 5 hour straight and saved in the last minuted before sleeping, started the game up and the save was gone
ohnoes.png

Eric345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmm I'm using the m3 ds real so when the cutscence of the dark knight it has a dark scree and it freezes...

kelnoky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I downloaded an unpatched version of DQ IX and it froze on me with a black screen right after character creation on my DSTT (firmware 1.17a12 which is, I think, the newest). So I downloaded a patched rom, which is a little smaller than the normal rom (259.2MB instead of 268) - I didn't think anything of it because the patched Zelda Spirit Tracks was also a little smaller in size. but the patched rom won't even load, I just get a errcode=-81 when I try to boot it up. I then tried a second patched rom (same smaller size), which had the same result. I tried formatting my sd card and tried the whole process again, sadly I ran into the same errors. Does anyone have any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1