Dragon Marked For Death New Animated Trailer & Release Date, Coming Janurary 31, 2019

Inti Creates have been getting around lately to various conventions throughout the year. From Pax East to Anime Expo, the team decided to visit NYC Anime convention to share their upcoming game with the public, Dragon Marked for Death. Along with their playable demo, they also revealed a animated trailer and some new information about the game as well as the release dates.

The game will be released world wide on January 31 2019 for North America, Europe and Japan only on Nintendo Switch. For digital sales, there will be two buying options, each will contain two of the four characters at $14.99 each. Each pack gives full access to the game excluding the characters that was not included with it. Both options seem to be divided to fit a new comer friendly and hardcore play style. Soon after, a physical release by Nighthawk Interactive which includes both packs will follow the release date without a precise one given at the moment. The previous December 13 release date was delayed to be closer to the retail release of the game now established.

Price Point and Means of Sale

Dragon Marked for Death will be sold as two separate packs for $14.99 each. The Frontline Fighters pack will contain the Empress and Warrior characters, which are more friendly to beginners, and contain DPS and tank type characters that are archetypes to any action game. The Advanced Attackers pack will contain the Shinobi and Witch characters, which are more technical characters with higher skill ceilings that are geared towards more advanced players. Players can purchase whichever pack they like first, and then can purchase the other pack as DLC should they choose to do so. For example, if you buy the Dragon Marked for Death pack with the Empress and Warrior, you can purchase the Shinobi and Witch pack as DLC, and vice versa.

Physical release confirmed

Inti Creates will be working with publishers Nighthawk Interactive to produce a retail version of Dragon Marked for Death that will have all four characters available. They plan to have it out as close to the digital release date as possible.

Release Date Moved to January 31st, 2019

In order to create a smaller gap between the release of the physical version and the digital version, the game’s digital release was pushed back a little bit to January 31st from its original December 13th release date.

The game closely resembles Vanillaware's Dragon's Crown game in which you get to pick a character class and use their various abilities to do battle with. In single player or co-operative multiplayer, players complete quests, obtain equipment, and gain exp to grow stronger. Unlike Dragon's Crown, this game is strictly 2D movement with more focus on platforming and graphics resembling Mega Man Zero games. For more info on the game, visit the website or the gameplay trailer below.

:arrow:SOURCE
:arrow:WEBSITE
:arrow:GAMEPLAY

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

SpookyGhost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is some gameplay for anyone interested. Much different from the trailer art.

Seems like an RPG/Beat Em Up I'm down for that, I love the art in the PV but the actual game art is a lot more 16/32 bit which is misleading. Still it looks like a lot of fun and the characters remind me of something from Disgaea or Knights in the Nightmare. Will probably be getting this at some point.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameplay looks pretty slow, though they do seem to get faster/run later in the video. Curious what the final speed is, but as long as they speed it up about 1.5-2 I'd like it a lot. And a megaman dash wouldn't be bad either. I'm a huge fan of megaman zero, and this game feels like that mixed with some other games.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: Deleted User
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If it's similar to Dragon's Crown, then I'mma enjoy it playing it with a friend, tho, selling separate version with only two characters each it's a bit annoying, but guess it ain't that much different from Pokemon.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's similar to Dragon's Crown, then I'mma enjoy it playing it with a friend, tho, selling separate version with only two characters each it's a bit annoying, but guess it ain't that much different from Pokemon.

physical release by Nighthawk Interactive which includes both packs will follow the release date without a precise one given at the moment.
:ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...