Dragalia Lost launches in UK, Canada, and Australia

DragaliaLost_AppIcon_LR.jpg

Nintendo's latest endeavour into the mobile 'free-to-start' market is now officially available outside of America for the first time since its September 2018 launch. Now launching in the UK, Canada, and Australia, as well as Singapore and New Zealand, fans can freely download the game and link their regional Nintendo account without issue. You can find the full PR below, along with a delightful trailer.
Nintendo PR said:
Developed in partnership with Cygames, Dragalia Lost is a free-to-start game where you must unite with powerful dragons and assemble a customised party of adventurers to save the Kingdom of Alberia. By engaging in real-time battles using intuitive touch-screen controls, you can let loose powerful attacks and transform into a mighty dragon to conquer mysterious evil forces. While playing Dragalia Lost, you can also share the experience with up to three friends in synchronous online multiplayer to battle through the game’s main story adventure, additional quests and special Raid Events.

The game’s intuitive and easy-to-control battles are performed in real time to keep you in the action. You can drag your fingers on the screen to move characters, tap or hold to engage with various attacks and flick along the screen to dodge.

By using the in-game currency Diamantium or Wyrmite, you can perform various in-game actions including summoning new characters, dragons or special accessories, called Wyrmprints, that can be equipped for powerful abilities or bonuses. Wyrmite is earned in the game as a reward for completing quests, while Diamantium can be purchased using real-world money.
To celebrate the release, Nintendo account holders can download two special wallpapers from the MyNintendo site. Will you be giving this a chance, or are you still waiting for its release in your country? Let us know your thoughts.

:arrow: Google Play (Android)
:arrow: App Store (iOS)

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not available in Germany -.-V or at least none of my devices are allowed.

Loaded it trough APKPure now ... but damn first 800MB for the first level (tutorial) and now it wants to download another 1,2 gb oO?

Last edited by Youkai,

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After waiting a long time for this game to launch in Europe, I just made an American Nintendo Account, so that I could back up my data.
My guess as to why this game wasn't released worldwide is: copyright stuff. They probably have to pay more money in some countries.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Meh its not worth it in my opinion. The game has a ton of issues. Its a huge grindfest where you have to grind for hours to max a single weapon. They have tons of time consuming events every week and the summoning is a mess. You summon for weapons, characters, dragons and skill cards all at once. If you end up getting something rare it'll be either a useless card or dragon (which arent good without a good 5 star character) also my account got deleted instantly when I logged in after I reset my phone. Nintendo support said my phone is not "compatible" even though nothing changed about it. Not worth the time imo. Has a ton of potential, characters are nice and it has lots of charme, but i'd rather play something better like Dragon ball Legends/Dokkan battle or Fire Emblem Heroes

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Meh its not worth it in my opinion. The game has a ton of issues. Its a huge grindfest where you have to grind for hours to max a single weapon. They have tons of time consuming events every week and the summoning is a mess. You summon for weapons, characters, dragons and skill cards all at once. If you end up getting something rare it'll be either a useless card or dragon (which arent good without a good 5 star character) also my account got deleted instantly when I logged in after I reset my phone. Nintendo support said my phone is not "compatible" even though nothing changed about it. Not worth the time imo. Has a ton of potential, characters are nice and it has lots of charme, but i'd rather play something better like Dragon ball Legends/Dokkan battle or Fire Emblem Heroes
The grindfest is less of "an issue" and more like what this game is about tbh, most gacha games are either f2p friendly but very grindy and time consuming, or very p2w and gacha-dependant, like FEH. It just comes to preference.

Although many things you said are wrong though, you don't pull for weapons, 4* units are as good as 5* (its actually the dragon that makes units useful, making dragons the most useful resource). Cards are underwhelming tho, but Cygames announced they're working on making them more useful.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The grindfest is less of "an issue" and more like what this game is about tbh, most gacha games are either f2p friendly but very grindy and time consuming, or very p2w and gacha-dependant, like FEH. It just comes to preference.

Although many things you said are wrong though, you don't pull for weapons, 4* units are as good as 5* (its actually the dragon that makes units useful, making dragons the most useful resource). Cards are underwhelming tho, but Cygames announced they're working on making them more useful.
In the 20-30 hours I played the game it was extremly grindy, and trust me I love that stuff. But its not rewarding when you only pull stupid useless cards and meh dragons when you can only use the event or main characters

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not available in Germany -.-V or at least none of my devices are allowed.

Loaded it trough APKPure now ... but damn first 800MB for the first level (tutorial) and now it wants to download another 1,2 gb oO?

The game is huge. Expect quite a bit more downloading than that.

I don't think you know what a gacha is or what they do.

It's a "grindfest" if you want to max out everything immediately like an ADHD addled kid. But if you just do dailies and events you fill things out pretty competently. The most difficult "grind" is for a 5* elemental weapon, the absolute pinnacle of endgame. However a 4* max unbound weapon is a waaay better investment because it's not that difficult (especially with void battles just fucking throwing steel bricks at your face) to get and is very comparable in strength to a base 5* elemental weapon. Given you likely want a well rounded roster of every element, 4* makes a lot more sense. However 5* tier 2 weapons are pretty easy to make and are also very strong.

Characters are extremely easy to unbind and fill out the mana circles

4* and 5* adventurers are identical in strength, 4* just requires some eldwater to make into a 5*. 3* are a bit more lacking thanks to their skills but that's just a gacha norm. Given you try to make mono element teams, most elements can't even make a 5* only team unless you promote 4*.

Events tend to be two weeks with a week off. They also frontload most of the best rewards so you can easily get a majority of the goodies even without playing too terribly much. But obviously give incentives for people investing tons of time.

Some 5* wyrmprints are bad but a majority are good for different adventurers.
All 5* dragons, on the other hand, are game changers. They're by far the strongest thing you can pull to power up. However 4* dragons are pretty comparable and much easier to unbind so either is a really good pull.

Cygames is so obnoxiously generous with free pulls that it's hard to even bitch about the gacha side of things. Since launch they've given like 4 free 5* pulls (they even give all new accounts a free 5* guaranteed pull now), and hundreds of free rolls. You look at games like FEH with no content and nothing to do except pull units and the devs give you basically nothing for free.

Bye Felicia. You just seem to be salty because you deleted your account somehow.
Cygames is far and above the most generous gacha dev if you want to play F2P. They've basically perfected the art of running a gacha with Granblue and it translates beautifully into Dragalia.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The game is huge. Expect quite a bit more downloading than that.

I don't think you know what a gacha is or what they do.

It's a "grindfest" if you want to max out everything immediately like an ADHD addled kid. But if you just do dailies and events you fill things out pretty competently. The most difficult "grind" is for a 5* elemental weapon, the absolute pinnacle of endgame. However a 4* max unbound weapon is a waaay better investment because it's not that difficult (especially with void battles just fucking throwing steel bricks at your face) to get and is very comparable in strength to a base 5* elemental weapon. Given you likely want a well rounded roster of every element, 4* makes a lot more sense. However 5* tier 2 weapons are pretty easy to make and are also very strong.

Characters are extremely easy to unbind and fill out the mana circles

4* and 5* adventurers are identical in strength, 4* just requires some eldwater to make into a 5*. 3* are a bit more lacking thanks to their skills but that's just a gacha norm. Given you try to make mono element teams, most elements can't even make a 5* only team unless you promote 4*.

Events tend to be two weeks with a week off. They also frontload most of the best rewards so you can easily get a majority of the goodies even without playing too terribly much. But obviously give incentives for people investing tons of time.

Some 5* wyrmprints are bad but a majority are good for different adventurers.
All 5* dragons, on the other hand, are game changers. They're by far the strongest thing you can pull to power up. However 4* dragons are pretty comparable and much easier to unbind so either is a really good pull.

Cygames is so obnoxiously generous with free pulls that it's hard to even bitch about the gacha side of things. Since launch they've given like 4 free 5* pulls (they even give all new accounts a free 5* guaranteed pull now), and hundreds of free rolls. You look at games like FEH with no content and nothing to do except pull units and the devs give you basically nothing for free.

Bye Felicia. You just seem to be salty because you deleted your account somehow.
Cygames is far and above the most generous gacha dev if you want to play F2P. They've basically perfected the art of running a gacha with Granblue and it translates beautifully into Dragalia.

Dude trust me. I played enough gacha games. I play 3 seriously right now and it used to be 4 but I dropped one because I played it way too much. I had multiple friends that played dragalia and just dropped it because its so badly designed. I looked forward to it alot and played it alot when it launched. But I quickly noticed the horrible flaws it has. Im not saying you couldnt enjoy it, and you shouldnt get that butthurt over it. And even before my account got deleted I didnt do more than log in and pull for fun and sometimes do the daily stuff. Not much was lost for me when they did *shrug*

Last edited by Justinde75,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-