Nintendo to shut down its mobile game Dragalia Lost, service to end soon

asddasdasdas.png

One of Nintendo's mobile games will be coming to a close and shutting down later this year. Dragalia Lost, a collaboration between both Nintendo and mobile game developer Cygames, will no longer be getting any further content after March 31st, with a final summon showcase. Story content will slowly trickle out until its completion in July 2022. Nintendo stated that Dragalia Lost will "come to a close" at a later date and service will be ended, presumably rendering the game unplayable. An exact date or timeframe for the closure of the service was not given.

Dragalia Lost launched in 2018, and featured crossover events with the Mega Man, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, and Persona 5 franchises. It was also Nintendo's first original IP designed specifically for mobile. As of 2020, the game was Nintendo's fourth-highest grossing mobile release, bringing in over $146.4 million in revenue worldwide.

:arrow: Source

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I barely gave this game any attention. That said, considering how many people I have read said they enjoyed the game, I do hope they make a Switch game or at least port a version of this one over.

MartianMSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wan't even available in Europe, had to sideload it. Was a quite funny gacha though, that's quite the sad news. Oh well, Genshin is still here lol

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It was never released for my country.

And then, I tried APKs and it worked for like 10 minutes, then it closed with an error. It seems they implemented some code for detecting wheter it was installed from a file or a store.

Happened the same for FE Heroes when I tried to play it in my Switch using Lineage OS.

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is one of the reasons never to play any mobile games. they all just dissapear when the developer thinks they have cashed in as much as they can.

anyone who plays mobile games is a sucker imo. there is no badge of honor playing mobile. its a badge of idiocracy and being a lemming.

Ghersz

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Everytime this happens I wonder what do people that spent actual money on these games feel. That is the main issue with the game as a service economic model : you have zero guarantee that you will be able to have access to your investment in the future. As soon as the publisher closes the service you can say adios to your assets.

Reactions: Codemastershock

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the reason no one should spend money on digital services.
I can still play a full game in a GameBoy cartridge, but in 20 years I will not be able to download a Switch day-one-patch, DLCs and so on
Oh, you'll be able to! Just not from Nintendo. Fans'll have it all well-preserved by then, though, I'm sure. ;)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i heard about this, but don't recall it being a nintendo thing. I tend to stay away from games that I probably won't be able to revisit in 10 or 20 years.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really should get a Switch port with some gameplay redesign to be more traditional game like.
Did they ever finish the story?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Between thid being the first time I ever heard of the game and how good the Switch is doing, this does not surprise me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol