Gaming DQ9 - How to cheat-kill a metal slime

balthur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys I just registered to post this question because I don't have a clue how to accomplish this epic task.
OFC my goal is to complete the vocation quest for the MageKnight ( the armamamasomething is too complicated to memorize
smile.gif
)

My party consists of
1) Hero minstrel w/ swords skill
2) Warrior w/ spears
3) Priest w/ wands
4) Mage w/ magic barrier

I'm not gonna QQ about not being able to complete the Gladiator quest because I can't psyche up my hero char who can Dragon Slash the 3 slimes, but I'd really want to complete the MK questline to change that shitty Minstrel vocation to something more useful.

I know that probably the best way would be to delete my save file and start over and just learn swords w/ my warrior and the magic barrier with a priest that can use spears. But when I used r4cce to modify the gameid and got cheats working I stumbled upon the Battle Codes and 1hit kill. The description says that I should press B + Start before attack.
Sounds simple but it's beyond my comprehension
tongue.gif

When should I press that button combination ?
- In the world map before engaging a mobs battle ?
- Before I pick my attack order in the battle ?
- Or maybe when the attack animation is going on ?
tongue.gif

I would be grateful for any kind of suggestion how to get out of my impasse ;]
Any save editors ? Or cheats that would add/remove skillpoints in lower amounts than 500 ?
biggrin.gif

Cheers and looking forward to solving this ;]]

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Switch your hero to the mage class, learn Wizard Ward, switch back to whatever class had the sword kills then proceed to fight a metal slime. At the beginning of the round have your hero cast wizard ward, then make everyone else attack. Second round, attack with your hero using metal attack and block with everyone else. That should be enough to kill it, if any one of your guys had hit the metal slime during the first round. I don't know why you need to "cheat-kill" anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0