Homebrew Download play for pirated games

Smuffi1738

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'm not sure if i can talk about piracy here, but i wanted to ask a question:
Can I use download play for pirated games?(e.g start a download play party on mario party island tour and have people connect to it even tho i pirated the game)

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if i can talk about piracy here, but i wanted to ask a question:
Can I use download play for pirated games?(e.g start a download play party on mario party island tour and have people connect to it even tho i pirated the game)
Yes. Unless you are using a gateway there isn't a difference between a pirated game and a legit copy.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
3DS download play works by sending the other console a cia (found in the romfs of the full game's content number 2), then that console independently verifies, installs (to ctrnand), and runs it

So whether it will work towards an unmodded console depends only on whether content number 2 was modified = if it is a good enough dump

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only issues you should run into is if your cia's region doesn't match your 3DS region. I bought my New 3DS in Europe back when it supposedly wasn't planned for a Stateside release, and I know Mario Maker specifically wouldn't let me online with the NA cia on the European console. I'm not sure if that will apply to download play or not, but I know some games are locked for local multiplayer. SSFIV wouldn't let my brother and I do local two cart multiplayer with my European console and his NA console. So just a heads up on that in case you can only find another regions cia.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
is it 100% safe?
There's really no such thing as "100% safe" when dealing with any amount of homebrewing and there's always a very (near impossible at this point) slim chance of getting banned. But it's also crazy easy to get unbanned on the 3DS.
That being said, it's safe and your risks of getting banned are near impossible nowadays.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol thats pretty simple
just backup and go
thanks
only trouble is finding one that isn't banned already. some keep private ones and share with with a vary limited number of people, wont share at all, only will sell it (and you cant guarantee its banned or sold to others)the big public ones tend to get banned more quickly than private ones. if you want to keep it down low compared to highly super shared public ones, a broken 3DS that's functional to a state you can fish it's Seed from would do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if...