Download DPG Movies

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TLSpartan, Feb 4, 2007.

Feb 4, 2007

Download DPG Movies by TLSpartan at 6:39 AM (6,513 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. TLSpartan
    OP

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Hi all

I got my supercard ds about a week ago and it all is working fine until you try to convert movies into .dpg format. A 100 mb guns 'n roses video clip (november rain) takes about half an hour. Its very frustrating when i cant do anything on my computer for that long. I havent tried a movie because of the sheer length and time it would take for me. Are there websites where i can download such things. Any help is appreciated

P.S the supercard ds rules except for the one error message that always comes up (its meant to)

2. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    right... are u using these for Moonshell?

3. linus_south

Newcomer linus_south Newbie

United States
    sorry to tell ya but your just going to have to wait the time. and i'm sure asking for copywriten material or links to such are against the rules of almost every board out there. but this board is pretty laid back. at least your not asking or roms. [​IMG]

but 99.9% of places that have movies are not going to have this format.

your going to have to do it yourself and, it takes a while for me no matter what machine i use.

sorry to say all that .. but i think that's the way it is. unless someone wants to convert and host some public doman crap that you prolly don't want to watch anyways .. haha

4. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    You can either get a waaaay better computer, by upgrading things such as your cpu and graphics card, or wait it out. It takes me around 15 minutes to convert a 350 mb avi with the tool that comes with moonshell.

5. TLSpartan
    OP

Australia
    im usin moonshell of course. ive seen a copule sites though. one only had about 20 movies (all crap, police academy 3) and the othere one was impossible to navigatable

6. Mars

Member Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

United States
    Actually, there is a site with plenty of DPG videos, gbatmw.net. However you need to have 5 posts before you can enter the media section of the site. Enjoy!
    !

7. warlock110

Newcomer warlock110 Member

seriously? i tried converting a 300MB friends eps (like 27min long) to dpg or w/e the DS plays... it only takes a few min tops... i do have a decent computer though... i got an OCed E6600 @ 3.6ghz [​IMG] and 2GB of PC8000 ram.... it's really fast for home use computer these days....

8. Gnuh

Newcomer Gnuh Member

United States
    But why should time even be an issue? Just do all your converting at night after you go to bed along with your torrenting. You get new files in the morning, and you have a converted video file for your ds.

9. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    yea, gbatmw.net is the place to go for DPG videos (and GBM if you dont have a ds)

10. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    15 minutes... [​IMG]

Gotta get off the computer chair more often.

11. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    I use gbatmw to get all my dpgs, because my computer sucks in the speed department (and...every other "department" as well [​IMG]) It's also hella loud so I don't like to leave it on at night D:.
    But gbatmw works great for me anyways...I can usually find or request what I want.

12. TLSpartan
    OP

Australia
    thnaks. youve all been really helpful.

13. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    There is a 5 post threshold to access the downloads section, but don't just post five meaningless spam posts, or start unneccessairy topics, take some time to read the current topics and post a relevant reply. Or else the mods there will beat you with carrots.

14. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    Have you tried batchDPG I find that faster.

15. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Is it really that much faster? I only use BatchDPG, and I never compared speeds with DPGTools. But it sounds like his computer's just slow. I don't think BatchDPG would be that much faster.

16. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Try moonshell, my shit PC takes about 50 minutes to do a 45 minute clip with the movie converter but moonshell takes about 15mins.

17. Nestea80

Member Nestea80 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Maybe it's going so slow because he doesn't have it in the foreground. It goes a lot slower when the window isn't in focus.

18. warlock110

Newcomer warlock110 Member

just grab a faster computer when it comes to vid conversion... i rarely do vid conversion but it comes up now and then... just for that i get the biggest box i can get... people talks about converting at night... but the truth is vid working is mostly sitting at the desk and mess around with it... leaving it alone doesnt' work well.

19. TLSpartan
    OP

Australia
    i didnt know you could convert with moonshell. i use batchDPG because the SCDS firmware is a modified version of moonshell. also batch dpg is always set to realtime and its in the foreground. also when the new scds firmware released

20. Firon

Member Firon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    BatchDPG is as slow or as fast as you want it to be, but if you want high quality, it's gonna be slow.