Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 843,593
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

baesup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@baesup
I had a look at your changes, and it already looks pretty clean to me. I especially appreciate that you kept the changes to the required minimum, cause the more the functionality gets interconnected, the more difficult it is to maintain the code.

There are a few things I'd do differently, and I might introduce some changes on top of your changes at a later point (for example, the EmuNAND selector should be displayed after the warning, not before), which you should be okay with if you do the pull request.

One question, though - the layout used for Multi EmuNANDs in your modifications - is this some kind of recognized standard? If so, can you show me a link?

Other than that, if you want to, you may send me a pull request. You might still want to do some cleaning up and / or modifications before, so take your time.

I'm glad you accept my modification. I will send you a pull request

I don't know there is some kind of standard. You can refer to 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-multi-emunand-creator.381603/

Reactions: d0k3

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey i tried backing up my emunand with decrypt9. (booted from sysnand with homebrew launcher and the browser exploit)
But its been running for 15 minutes now, it shows "Work in progress please wait" (i'm using the gui version). How long does it usually take to backup your emunand?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey i tried backing up my emunand with decrypt9. (booted from sysnand with homebrew launcher and the browser exploit)
But its been running for 15 minutes now, it shows "Work in progress please wait" (i'm using the gui version). How long does it usually take to backup your emunand?
15 Minutes is still an expected duration. There is a progress indication at the bottom left of your top screen. You should have checked this before asking.

Reactions: DryTaste

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
15 Minutes is still an expected duration. There is a progress indication at the bottom left of your top screen. You should have checked this before asking.
My top screen is totally black.

EDIT:
After a restart (i know, i shouldn't do shit like that) and another attempt i see what you mean. I did not have something like that before, i think it has to do with the fact that i already had a nand.bin from gateway on my SD card. But that is just speculation, any way i can help solve this or is this (most likely) just a 1-timer?

Last edited by DryTaste,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My top screen is totally black.

EDIT:
After a restart (i know, i shouldn't do shit like that) and another attempt i see what you mean. I did not have something like that before, i think it has to do with the fact that i already had a nand.bin from gateway on my SD card. But that is just speculation, any way i can help solve this or is this (most likely) just a 1-timer?
Nope, already having some thign on the SD card doesn't stop the EmuNAND dumper from doing it's work, but the EmuNAND dumper still asks you which name to dump to, so it most likely did nothing. The top screen should not be black, and if it is it has to do with your entrypoint. What did you use? HBL with .3DSX? CakeHax .DAT?

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope, already having some thign on the SD card doesn't stop the EmuNAND dumper from doing it's work, but the EmuNAND dumper still asks you which name to dump to, so it most likely did nothing. The top screen should not be black, and if it is it has to do with your entrypoint. What did you use? HBL with .3DSX? CakeHax .DAT?
Like stated in my first post, HBL with .3dsx from the browser exploit (running N3ds 9.2.0E)

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Like stated in my first post, HBL with .3dsx from the browser exploit (running N3ds 9.2.0E)
Next time that happens, just restart Decrypt9. And keep it under observation, this should happen very rarely. Those entrypoints are not perfect yet, so stuff like that can happen.

D

Deleted User

Hi! I'm trying to decrypt "Bravely Second: The Ballad of the Three Cavaliers"'s demo, but it seems to be impossible.
http://s27.postimg.org/ruww3hgqp/dfd.png

I'm using an OLD EUR 3DS. Sysnand on 9.2 and Emunand on 10.5.
I'm using Decrypt9 from sysnand and I'm using my own seeddb.bin. I made the seddb.bin from "EmuNAND Options -> Update SeedDB".
I downloaded the demo from the eShop on emunand and made the CIA with Funkycia 2.1.
I need a NEW 3DS to decrypt it and cryptofix it?

Last edited by ,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi! I'm trying to decrypt "Bravely Second: The Ballad of the Three Cavaliers"'s demo, but it seems to be impossible.
http://s27.postimg.org/ruww3hgqp/dfd.png

I'm using an OLD EUR 3DS. Sysnand on 9.2 and Emunand on 10.5.
I'm using Decrypt9 from sysnand and I'm using my own seeddb.bin. I made the seddb.bin from "EmuNAND Options -> Update SeedDB".
I downloaded the demo from the eShop on emunand and made the CIA with Funkycia 2.1.
I need a NEW 3DS to decrypt it and cryptofix it?
@piratesephiroth had the same problem, but it worked for him after he rebuild his seeddb and redownloaded the file. I figured this was some odd occurence, so I didn't look further into it. Question now is, @piratesephiroth, could that be some problem with the SeedDB updater (ie did you use that as well or can you exclude this possibility)? It is a very strange problem.

And no, this can be decrypted on O3DS and N3DS, given you have the correct seed.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have an USA 3DS so I had added the seed manually.
I can only presume there was something wrong with the first seeddb.bin file I used (though I have no idea where.. the seed was correct and I was only getting hash errors for the RomFS).

All I can say is that it was a seeddb file created by decrypt9, I only added the new seed by hand (didn't even add extra data, I think, only replaced another old seed and ID).

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
New release is out:
  • Multi EmuNAND support thanks to LinkeneitoR / @baesup
  • Added preliminary NCCH Secure4 crypto support (needs slot0x11key96.bin)
  • Fixed the FixedKey crypto (this was broken for months and no one noticed)
  • Fixed the GW Launcher.dat entrypoint (was broken by the CakeHax fix)
I need feedback badly for Multi EmuNAND support and Secure4 crypo support, so I hope you will help. Also, retesting the CakeHax entrypoint, the Launcher.dat entrypoint and decryption of FixedKey encrypted NCCH/3DS makes a lot sense.

The slot0x11key96.bin file is the same one that is also used by CakesFW, you shouldn't have a hard time hunting that file down.

As for Secure4 crypto... the only game using this that I know of is an earlier release of the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth demo. I have no idea where to get this from now, but you may still have it.

FixedKey crypto is the kind of crypto used by (.3DS / .CIA) homebrew for GW. Guess there are only few users who actually have a use for this ;).

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi d0k3, ive see that in the previous version of Decrypt9 you added the ability to dump/inject the nnid data.
but how can i do to unlink the account from the 3ds without format the 3ds?
Serverside (that's Nintendo's servers), you can't unlink your NNID from your 3DS. If you want to unlink from your console...
  1. Get a 'clean' NNIDsave for your console (with no NNID linked, f.e. from your SysNAND)
  2. Inject that 'clean' NNIDsave into the NAND you want to unlink.
@Shadowtrance take a look at the newest commit - there is now an alternative progress indicator in the theme source files. I'm sure you'll figure out how it works from the new #defines.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Serverside (that's Nintendo's servers), you can't unlink your NNID from your 3DS. If you want to unlink from your console...
  1. Get a 'clean' NNIDsave for your console (with no NNID linked, f.e. from your SysNAND)
  2. Inject that 'clean' NNIDsave into the NAND you want to unlink.
@Shadowtrance take a look at the newest commit - there is now an alternative progress indicator in the theme source files. I'm sure you'll figure out how it works from the new #defines.
I like it :) No adjustments needed at all from what i can see. Just added it to my local copy and testing now. Tiniest bit of overlap on the progress image (not even a millimeter) with default settings but that's about it.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I like it :) No adjustments needed at all from what i can see. Just added it to my local copy and testing now. Tiniest bit of overlap on the progress image (not even a millimeter) with default settings but that's about it.
Well, it's easy to adjust, no problem if you want a different width for the bar, want to position it somewhere else or want a different foreground / background color.

@d0k3 where exactly does the slot0x11key96.bin key need to be placed for this? (I'm just curious as I don't think I will ever need it, But I'm sure others may be curious too)
Either into the work folder or into the SD root, same as that other slot??? file.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States

• Fixed the FixedKey crypto (this was broken for months and no one noticed)

FixedKey crypto is the kind of crypto used by (.3DS / .CIA) homebrew for GW. Guess there are only few users who actually have a use for this ;).

I thought I mentioned that it wasn't reading zero key encrypted stuff right...I guess I forgot to post about that. :P

D

Deleted User

If there is already a logfile and I try to decrypt Bravely Second, the log rimain the same, the new infos are nowhere to be found.

If there isn't a logfile and and I try to decrypt Bravely Second, Decrypt9 create a zero byte file.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If there is already a logfile and I try to decrypt Bravely Second, the log rimain the same, the new infos are nowhere to be found.

If there isn't a logfile and and I try to decrypt Bravely Second, Decrypt9 create a zero byte file.
Now I have decrypted another game successfuly and the "log" and the "scroll" worked too, however the log and scroll didn't work with the BD's demo.
Alright, continuing from here... this is for the newest release, correct? Scrolling back doesn't work if the output is <= one page, but I'm pretty sure you knew. What happens if you try to scroll back in that case? This is a very weird issue because logging has nothign to do with a feature being succesfull or not. Only if you force shutdown your console, there could be data loss in the log file.

How do I go about dumping my NNIDsave.bin from SysNAND? Under file dump, I dont see NNIDsave.bin as an option.
Use the newest release. If you're using @Shadowtrance's Decrypt9UI, I think he will update soon. Unsure if that already contains the nnidsave.bin option.

Reactions: thegameksk

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, continuing from here... this is for the newest release, correct? Scrolling back doesn't work if the output is <= one page, but I'm pretty sure you knew. What happens if you try to scroll back in that case? This is a very weird issue because logging has nothign to do with a feature being succesfull or not. Only if you force shutdown your console, there could be data loss in the log file.

Use the newest release. If you're using @Shadowtrance's Decrypt9UI, I think he will update soon. Unsure if that already contains the nnidsave.bin option.

Thank you. I was just about to edit. On the newest I found it and it worked great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw