Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by d0k3, May 15, 2015.

1. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Germany
    Forgot to reply to this. There is a problem with certain entrypoints and D9 right now. The fix would have to be done on the side of the entrypoints, not in D9. A9LH will work anywhere. As a workaround, load some ARM9 bootloader first, then load the D9 payload.

masterchan777 likes this.
  2. masterchan777

masterchan777 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2007
    World Wide Web
    Thank you @d0k3 ,tested the new build on my N3ds and the dumped CIAs now show meta info, will try to get it to work on the O3DS. Thanks for this excellent work.

d0k3 likes this.
  3. jimmyleen

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    Using D9 to convert cart dumps to cia turns me on faster than a electric car.

Edit: TMI

d0k3 and tiduscrying like this.
  4. jimmyleen

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016

When I load HBL and try to boot into D9 all I get is a red screen, and than HBL returns me to the main menu.

Last edited by jimmyleen, Aug 7, 2016
  5. tiduscrying

tiduscrying that butt...

Jun 12, 2012
    United States
    HELL
    What is your firmware version? AFAIK, you can't run the .3dsx versions via HBL on any firmware >9.2

6. jimmyleen

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    Come to think of it ever since I installed HBL on my 11.0 3ds I have not been able to run any .3dsx homebrew, okay I will run the bin version of D9 instead.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And just like that the bin version works, party time!

tiduscrying likes this.
  7. Suicuark

Suicuark GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    Macau
    Yes Yes i just say 3 cuz it is 11.0-33 so...

8. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i've used the classic way of installing a9lh for a while, and im trying the new way now. I have a rednand, but how do i back it up? Decrypt9 let's me backup sysnand and emunand, but if i backup emunand will it still be a rednand? (keep in mind i still have no idea what a rednand is im used to downgrading an emunand and flashing)

9. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Yes, just pretend it says RedNAND instead of emuNAND.

10. Zeriel

Zeriel Squid Kid

Jul 10, 2015
    So i can't find any installation info anywhere, I put the Decrypt9 Folder inside the sd/3ds folder and the rest of the files in the root
    but It wont launch from the Homebrew Menu

11. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Latest commit of Decrypt9WIP has NDS dumping. I was trying to implement this myself a while back but couldn't get the KEY1 commands working

For DSi, there's two things needed:
    1. After dumping the DS secure area using command 3C, reset the cartridge and dump the DSi area using command 3D.
    2. Use the DSi Blowfish key when dumping the DSi secure area. (It's present somewhere in itcm.)

ihaveamac likes this.
  12. Inochi.no.Zenmai

Inochi.no.Zenmai GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    NDS dumps look good. Only tested two with DeSmuME, Pokemon Platinum and White 2. The last one is DSi enhanced, so according to what I saw, I guess that doesn't come with the ROM (DeSmuME does not load the DSi features on this one). Don't know if I'm wrong.

d0k3 likes this.
  13. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    I attempted to add DSi support, but the DSi secure area isn't being read properly, and there's no known good dump of this ROM. (System Flaw, USA)

https://github.com/GerbilSoft/Decrypt9WIP/tree/twldump has my preliminary test version with an attempt to add support for DSi-enhanced (and DSi-exclusive) cartridges. The DSi secure area is definitely not working right, but I'm not sure about the rest of it. (It's also not reading the extra data in the cartridge header, since it's showing the TWL used data as 0 MB.)

14. Zeriel

Zeriel Squid Kid

Jul 10, 2015
    Could someone please help me? I can't get this to run on
    Reinand, Emunand 11.0.33, with Homebrew Menu and I'm not sure
    of the installation/additional folders, I just want to make some Xorpads

15. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    huh, you have to run it from SysNAND homebrew menu iirc if you don't have Arm9LoaderHax (if you did, you'd run the payload as any other a9lh payload).

16. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    Yes as above. It won't run from anything over 9.2 from homebrew launcher. You need to run it from system NAND

17. Zeriel

Zeriel Squid Kid

Jul 10, 2015
    Ah, so is there anyway to create Xorpads from Emunand? Since I no longer have Cubic Ninja and have no other entry into Sysnand

Last edited by Zeriel, Aug 9, 2016
  18. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    you can just do all of that in sysnand using your existing entry point. or the browser, if you don't have menuhax already.

also, xorpads for what?

gnmmarechal likes this.
  19. Zeriel

Zeriel Squid Kid

Jul 10, 2015
    I'm just trying to convert a .3DS into a CIA and I used to do it with Cubic Ninja but I have no idea how to do it now that I had to return the game, also I don't have Menuhax or anything installed into Sysnand since it's so risky

20. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    Use browserhax in system NAND for homebrew launcher.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted