1. _silencer_

OP _silencer_ Member
    Newcomer

Appreciate the response, but there is a hacked firmware in the wild which supports Gateway EmuNAND up to 11.7. This is good enough for me and Nintendo is hardly releasing anymore games for the 3DS as it is.

2. _silencer_

OP _silencer_ Member
    Newcomer

so I managed to get into SafeHax just once but decided I would proceed with installing custom firmware later and powered down the 3DS (this is without a actually making any changes). Now when I run udsploit it gets stuck at USD_InitializeWithVersion C411002

When I try to launch safehax it reports PM INIT FAILED. I'm assuming this is because udsploit hasnt been run yet. Am I at the end of of my custom firmware adventures ?

3. _silencer_

OP _silencer_ Member
    Newcomer

CFW is installed and successfully downgraded to 9.2 using CTRTransfer, but I can't get Gateway to launch. Pretty sure I've followed the instructions from that thread precisely. GodMode9 and CFW still boots okay

https://i.imgur.com/K593an4.jpg

4. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Czech Republic
    I think (but don't quote me on this) that you have to remove CFW now, in order to use and set up the Gateway.

5. _silencer_

OP _silencer_ Member
    Newcomer

My fault, I copied the wrong .bin file from arm9loaderhax.bin.zip. Currently formatting EmuNAND and will see how it goes. CFW and GodMode9 still seem to work okay too.

Thank you to everyone that helped, we got there in the end :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  6. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    Good. Even if you get a working setup with Gateway, you should keep B9S and Luma. If anything on the system software has been modified, this will backfire. (Does CTRTransfer count as such a modification?)
    Warning.png
    Removing cfw can be tricky. I do not know enough about this, but without a NAND-backup AND an ntrboot card, I would not try.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-i-r...er-did-the-region-change.525198/#post-8414127

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  7. Kubas_inko

Czech Republic
    Not really, as 99% of all users never edit any system apps.

8. TurdPooCharger

United States
    CTRTransfer counts. Using even legit system titles *.cia with mismatching fraken firmware can cause a softbrick when removing the custom firmware.

Kubas_inko likes this.
  9. Kubas_inko

Czech Republic
    Good to know then. I have never removed CFW, as it seems like a bad idea from the beginning...

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  10. _silencer_

OP _silencer_ Member
    Newcomer

Formatting EmuNAND nuked everything on the SDCard, what a pain .. but not the end of the world

11. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I can see your point about not updating after 11.7 since the 3ds isnt getting any new releases im interested in,and games like persona q 2 still work,but risking your 3ds just to use gateway is insanely stupid.The cheat system on the flashcard isnt even worth it to be honest.You can also continue using the blue card i think even without gateway running.

12. _silencer_

OP _silencer_ Member
    Newcomer

Quick question because I don't feel there is a need to start another thread, but are there any flash cards capable of running the DSTWO file system (same menu, cheats and plugins) with CFW?

I've seen people talk about how Stargate 3DS has problems with DS compatibly mode with CFW where as the DSTWO does not. I'm wondering if the R4 cards/clones would have the same problems.

13. Kubas_inko

Czech Republic
    Only DSTWO can run DSTWO menu. Any reason why you can't use any other R4?

14. _silencer_

OP _silencer_ Member
    Newcomer

Which one would you recommend that has the same features as DSTWO that works with CFW. There are so many of them

15. Kubas_inko

Czech Republic
    Every flashcard (except 3DS one?) work with CFW, so the cheapest one you can find. That's what I would buy. (every flashcard supports cheats). However, some have time bombs, which can be easily bypassed.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - downgrading, stock,