O3DS XL is stuck because of fastboot3ds

Dasuruko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So just recently I found my old 3DS XL and fixed it's problem with the touchscreen. I tried to play the games I had with my Gateway 3DS but it didn't seem to work so I looked for alternative ways to fix it and most answers were "just swap to 3ds.hacks.guide" to which I did and everything was pretty smooth and fine.Around the most important part at the "'finalizing setup" GodMode9 wasn't working and out of the many fixes for it I have seen that fastboot3ds works pretty well so I installed it no problem, but since when I got in it's menu I'm stuck.I can't boot anything and it says that the card is SD card is not inserted and I checked everything,formated the card bunch of times tried different combinations checked it with h2testw and no problems have been found out but it can't seem to work in any shape or form so I tried to reinstall boot9strap or look for something else to take care of it but the issue is it won't boot on start it just opens the fastboot3ds no matter what I do or what button I press before booting or anything.I'm out of ideas and forums to check out I even made this account just to get some ideas on what I should do. I tried a factory reset to before wasting hours trying to fix it but I'm literally out.I will do the basic "try another SD card" and if it dosen't work well...I guess that's that.

• Sad
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"'finalizing setup" GodMode9 wasn't working and
That is the first very interesting part. All bugs regarding booting GodMode9 requiring workarounds have been fixed to my knowledge. That sounds like some problems in accessing the SD already.

fastboot3DS offers more flexibility and a minimal settings screen over the normal B9S just booting boot.firm either from SD (normal) or NAND (fallback) and turning off when both fails.
=========

formated the card bunch of times tried different combinations checked it with h2testw and no problems have been found
This is good to know. As you already said, you should try a different (or even a few) SD. Use a full-sized SD if possible and not a micro-SD with adapter. An adapter introduces another potential cause of error.

It sounds like contact problems. Use a flashlight to look into the SD slot. Any visible dirt? Corrosion? Bent pins?
Sadly, even in case everything looks normal to your eyes, the reader might be faulty. Replacing it on O3DSXL requires soldering (I'd recommend hot air because of the multiple pins to desolder). However, try everything else first. No need to start messing with the hardware before being sure the reader is faulty.

Dasuruko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
That is the first very interesting part. All bugs regarding booting GodMode9 requiring workarounds have been fixed to my knowledge. That sounds like some problems in accessing the SD already.

fastboot3DS offers more flexibility and a minimal settings screen over the normal B9S just booting boot.firm either from SD (normal) or NAND (fallback) and turning off when both fails.
=========

This is good to know. As you already said, you should try a different (or even a few) SD. Use a full-sized SD if possible and not a micro-SD with adapter. An adapter introduces another potential cause of error.

It sounds like contact problems. Use a flashlight to look into the SD slot. Any visible dirt? Corrosion? Bent pins?
Sadly, even in case everything looks normal to your eyes, the reader might be faulty. Replacing it on O3DSXL requires soldering (I'd recommend hot air because of the multiple pins to desolder). However, try everything else first. No need to start messing with the hardware before being sure the reader is faulty.
Ok so I managed to find a small SD card for now (4gb should do the trick I guess even if it won't hold a lot). I managed to take care of the fastboot by using 3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s but after I'm done the system seems to be still on Sysnad and I can't seem to open Nand at all. By following the steps they get me back to CIA installing and GodMode9 but that would do everything on Sysnad. Now I'm trying a full fresh install from the guide but at the first step (opening the 3DS music for the install) is just black screen (might be since is already installed). Is there a way to "reinstall" everything fresh or remove everything to make it a "factory" 3ds again ? (I guess Factory reset won't work since it didn't for Fastboot either).
Post automatically merged:

Well even worse after I tried to replace the luma boot.firm the 3ds won't open for more than a second.Tried the arm loader to but it's just dead after a second with or without the SD card. Welp hopefully ain't dead,dead just yet.
Post automatically merged:

After leaving it chargin and trying to boot it up again with a new boot.firm and the arm loader I managed to get in the 3ds and if I'm pressing select on boot it shows the Luma menu but I barelly have any options for it and when I get in the 3DS is still system/sysnad so I'm kinda stuck here with no idea how to get the nand back up. I could try to do it fresh again and hope it won't blackscreen anymore while opening soundhax or do worse like it just happened but beside that I'm clueless. I could just continue the "finalizing steps" but one of them is updating the system which would mean I update my system itself.

Last edited by Dasuruko,

Dasuruko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yeah at the moment is stuck to the same problem. Blue battery showing, 3DS opens for a while, shuts down. Not sure if I f'up something on the soft, something happened to the 3DS hardware side or something with the Luma and all (I got a system backup on my computer but not sure if it helps with anything and even if it did I can't do anything with it since the 3DS just shuts down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.