Hacking Downgrading from 3.3e to install Starfall

cubegame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening all. I'm a bit of an amateur on the hacking front with the wii and (fortunately) I have just managed to discover the whole homebrew scene between the 23rd October and 18th November.

Having had the 23rd October update on my machine I followed the downgrade instructions and installed the shop update afterwards.

After that I was able to install the 0.3 gamma launcher and have managed to get a backup working fine.

However, I now want to put Starfall on my machine. I understand that I should use Ciosdowngrader to go back to v3.2e and then install Starfall.

I'm just wondering whether I can actually do this considering the path I followed. I've tried to search to no avail so I wondered if anyone can advise!

Thanks.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you are on 3.3U then you should be fine. I personally liked the cIOS downgrader. Worked for me and the people Ive refered to it perfectly. Ive never used the anyregionchanger so I cant comment on it. cios downgrader requires wifi though. Not sure if the other one does.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
Don't use region changer to downgrade use waninkoko's IOS downgrader it's much safer.

I keep hearing this, but it's only unsafe if you misuse it isn't it?

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
I don't know but it's better to the Ios Downgrader trust me I used it.

No offense but why are you telling people this when you don't know why it's not as safe.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I used Custom IOS Downgrader with no problems at all, oh yeah I have one problem... I've already toasted my bread and there is no jam in the fridge.....Damn!!!!!!!

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, it turns out I am on 3.3E (but not the Oct 23rd one). I have also installed the Tona Installer (for IOS51 and Shop) - which took a lot longer than I thought it would actually. I am assuming that in this state all the IOSes still have the trucha bug ?

Anyways, if I have a WiiKey installed do I still get any benefit from installing Starfall ?

Also, watching the youtube clip at Wiibrew ... are they using the HBC to run apps over the network (when it says checking 192.168....) ? If so, how do I do that ?

minos55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
EmperorOfCanada said:
If you are on 3.3U then you should be fine. I personally liked the cIOS downgrader. Worked for me and the people Ive refered to it perfectly. Ive never used the anyregionchanger so I cant comment on it. cios downgrader requires wifi though. Not sure if the other one does.
I have an usb dongle for the wii to conect to the internet will that work to or does it have to be wireless?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No I dont see why that wouldnt work. As long as your wii is able to aquire an IP address
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted +1