You need to install an additional GameCube loder or select a different GameCube Mode to launch GameCube games from USB or SD card.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says and what the picture included shows I get this error now every time I try and boot up a GC game off of USB Loader GX. I have recently updated to the FAT32 format file system.
The one pictured here as well: Any help would be greatly appreciated I feel as though I'm very close to booting both my backup Wii AND GC games! :) Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
I am on a 4.1U system by the way. I have always had NO trouble before when I used to use a WBFS-managed hard drive. I am now using a USB 3.0 -> 2.0 1TB external HDD, works great with the 4.3U that I also have modded and up to date. I will try a few things suggested here before updating so throw any ideas my way if you think you just might be able to get me up and running!
Wii Setup.png

IMG_20220816_105015.jpg

Edit: I was able to go in under settings and choose USB:/apps/NINTENDONT as the loader / also switched the loader to NINTENDONT obviously. Had a little trouble, I think I'll just update the Wii and stick with ModMii to get the best out of the machine, my 4.3U runs like a dream. The 4.1U just feels so clunky anymore. Yes if you're wondering if I have NINTENDONT in the apps folder on my SD card I do. But for some reason, it's not picking it up. Or if it is it's not doing anything about it and it's throwing this error at me. Any help, again, greatly appreciated.

Last edited by BigDaddyWeaves,
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Well, you need to install Nintendont on your Wii/vWii for make USB Loader GX load GCN games.

A small guide for be able to use Nintendont for launch GC games from USB Loader GX and WiiFlow:

:blank:USBLoaders

Nintendont can (and is intended to) be integrated as Gamecube launcher module into USBLoaders.
Wiiflow, USBLoaderGX, CFG Loader and PostLoader support Nintendont launching.

All USBLoaders are loading Nintendont from SD:/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol, but some loaders let you customize the path if you need to.
To use Nintendont as gamecube launcher module, you need to tell your favorite loader that you want to use Nintendont instead of MIOS or Devolution for gamecube games.

USBLoaderGX
This loader let you customize the path to your Nintendont's boot.dol file : Settings>User path>Nintendont loader path.
or individual (a per-game specific Nintendont path if a game works only with a different version of Nintendont).
Select the game > Options > Game settings > Nintendont loader path.

You need to tell the loader to use Nintendont as gamecube mode : Settings > Loader Settings > Gamecube mode : Nintendont

CFG Loader & Wiiflow
Latest official version are not compatible with Nintendont.
Use AbdallahTerro Master's mod instead.

PostLoader
This loader should work without any special setup.

More further info and download of Nintendont: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
EDIT: @SaulFabre Reverted to Default settings then changed to Nintendont as the Game settings > Nintendont loader path. Everything just started to work. I did have a few games that hung on black screens but I think they were just bad rips I'll have to redo them and see if there's any difference.
Games I had issues with:
Gauntlet - Dark Legacy (glitches during the beginning movie cutscene)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (won't even load)
Sonic Adventure Battle 2 (won't even load)
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door (this I know I need to rip again because I had a PAL version of it I got a USA version now)
and that's it! Everything else just boots!

Last edited by BigDaddyWeaves,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
EDIT: @SaulFabre Reverted to Default settings then changed to Nintendont as the Game settings > Nintendont loader path. Everything just started to work. I did have a few games that hung on black screens but I think they were just bad rips I'll have to redo them and see if there's any difference.
Games I had issues with:
Gauntlet - Dark Legacy (glitches during the beginning movie cutscene)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (won't even load)
Sonic Adventure Battle 2 (won't even load)
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door (this I know I need to rip again because I had a PAL version of it I got a USA version now)
and that's it! Everything else just boots!
@BigDaddyWeaves

For these problematic games, try using GCN game rips (ISOs) from Redump.

A compat list (but i don't think this is updated): https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Nintendont_Compatibility_List

Nintendont troubleshooting: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/#TBS

Reactions: BigDaddyWeaves

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre Thanks for the tip! I'll take a look at Redump. But I will first dump my games MYSELF (all the games I mentioned that DIDN'T work were from a download off of the internet So they could be sketchy. The true images will be available soon when I rip these games myself. :)! I'm pretty sure I'm still gonna get glitches on Gauntlet but that's just because that opening is rough. Who knows maybe I'm wrong maybe my 100% legal copy ISO image file of the disc will prove to be different. I'm just happy I can finally play the GC games along with the Wii. I've been trying so very hard to set it all up correctly. Think I'm finally getting the hang of this business, lol.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Warning: If you launch GC games via Nintendon´t and later through GX loader, the save files will be overritten. Or perhaps it was the other way around. Anyway, make sure you decide early on and don´t switch (unless you have backed up your files).

Reactions: BigDaddyWeaves

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CoolMe I had a WBFS formatted drive that was partitioned one side WBFS and one side FAT32 for GC games calm down lol. I will indeed use CleanRip to rip my GC discs thanks for the tip! I'm going to skip out on the syscheck for right now because I'm achieving good results I just think I need to re-rip some of my games for a better experience. Thanks for the tip @UltraDolphinRevolution but I have already backed up my files I just don't think I'll be able to run my PAL save for Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door from my 4.1U Wii that apparently was set up to run all regions on this new set up. Looks like I'll have to start a whole new adventure ohhhh nooo :( hahaha yeah right like I actually care I beat that game 30-something times already one more time won't make much of a difference to me.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CoolMe yes I know that lol that's what I currently have now. Trust me I'm all good, just stumbled across a petty error when I went from one old HDD to a NEW USB 3.0 -> 2.0 HDD everything is working properly now, just need to re-rip some of my GC games (some were downloads - I know I know bad bad bad) but I had no other way of getting them as my current router doesn't allow me to rip key parts of GC games with CleanRip (I have a newer router and it doesn't support the Wii's internet - trust me I've looked into it even got on the phone many times with my ISP) they've even offered discounts and replacements for my router but my router/modem is a beast I ain't trading it for anything. The Wii is a great machine but I'm not gonna let IT stop me from excellent speeds and internet connection reliability.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre will this cure my problem with the internet trying to interfere with my rip?
not sure but CleanRip will only use internet for download a tiny Redump .dat file for check the checksums of the good ISOs (5 MB i think?)

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre will this cure my problem with the internet trying to interfere with my rip?
It shouldn't interfere with the ripping process at all. You can just skip the "Redump.dat" file altogether if your internet/router is giving you problems for some reason..
Use the guide above to see how it's done.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre YUP! THAT'S my problem I can't download anything off the internet. ANYTHING. It just won't go through, I've talked to many people on this website about it and they all say to go somewhere else to rip your games. Sorry Saul, your help is well appreciated but it's to no avail I've been through a lot trying to get it to work here with this router/modem. I simply cannot get it to work. Thanks for your help but this is where I leave you and anyone else who tries to help, I know what I must do now. I have a relative with an older modem/router and I'll be using that. I simply can't put any more time into the whole internet availability thing, as I know in the end it will NOT work.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre YUP! THAT'S my problem I can't download anything off the internet. ANYTHING. It just won't go through, I've talked to many people on this website about it and they all say to go somewhere else to rip your games. Sorry Saul, your help is well appreciated but it's to no avail I've been through a lot trying to get it to work here with this router/modem. I simply cannot get it to work. Thanks for your help but this is where I leave you and anyone else who tries to help, I know what I must do now. I have a relative with an older modem/router and I'll be using that. I simply can't put any more time into the whole internet availability thing, as I know in the end it will NOT work.
That's not a problem if your Wii cannot connect to your router. CleanRip works fine without it, read this:

It shouldn't interfere with the ripping process at all. You can just skip the "Redump.dat" file altogether if your internet/router is giving you problems for some reason..
Use the guide above to see how it's done.

Reactions: CoolMe

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre I will share a photo give me a few minutes just realized you guys posted more helpful tips on here. @CoolMe good tip! I'll give it a try but I'm sure I've tried it before. I'll give it one last shot and see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning