Games work via nintendont but dont show up in usb loader gx?

Modular511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont sees and launches my GC games, but I cant seem to get them imported into usb loader gx! I have the thing pointed at the right folder, And I know nintendont works, I am stumped! I also checked usb loader GX filter settings, and gamecube was checked! Does usb loader gx need them named a certain way or something? I would appreciate any help! :)

Reactions: DragonMals

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are your paths and game titles correct?

Code:
USB:/games/game title [game ID]/game.iso

USB:/games/Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker [GZLE01]/game.iso

USB:/games/Resident Evil 4 [G4BE08]/game.iso
USB:/games/Resident Evil 4 [G4BE08]/disc2.iso

You can use GCBM to install games correctly.

If your paths are correct then go to the loaders settings menu, select features and then scroll down to the bottom and select the option to reset the cache.

Last edited by blackb0x,
Reactions: Sypherone

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Looks like someone asked the same thing that I was going to say. I should try this out myself to see the result.

Modular511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are your paths and game titles correct?

Code:
USB:/games/game title [game ID]/game.iso

USB:/games/Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker [GZLE01]/game.iso

USB:/games/Resident Evil 4 [G4BE08]/game.iso
USB:/games/Resident Evil 4 [G4BE08]/disc2.iso

You can use GCBM to install games correctly.

If your paths are correct then go to the loaders settings menu, select features and then scroll down to the bottom and select the option to reset the cache.
Okay! Anywhere good to get the title id for all the gc games for all regions? Gonna try reseting the games cache and then otherwise re add them with that and see what's what! :) thanks for the reply. I didn't know the backup manager existed lol

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chances are slim that they work in nintendont but not in usb loader gx. one thing I can think of is the name of the iso. I think normal nintendont allows any name (probably can't include spaces, hence game2.iso), speaking of which the second disc must be named that. however, afaik, usb loader gx requires the strict naming of the original nintendont.

Modular511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Backup Manager automatically grabs the game ID from inside the game image, else check gametdb.com.
Info : GC/Wii path and game ID
Okay so that unclepunch smash melee trainer, and the alpha of the English translated radirgy that leaked are the only two that don't have artwork - how do I add custom artwork? That documented anywhere?? It qll works mostly now with that manager:)
Post automatically merged:

chances are slim that they work in nintendont but not in usb loader gx. one thing I can think of is the name of the iso. I think normal nintendont allows any name (probably can't include spaces, hence game2.iso), speaking of which the second disc must be named that. however, afaik, usb loader gx requires the strict naming of the original nintendont.
Nintendont works with any folder of isos/ciso you have, maybe try it sometime I guess lol its not bot pretty and no artwork, but all 80+ of my images worked :)

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the only two that don't have artwork - how do I add custom artwork?
If i remember correct, you can choose to download custom artwork if available, too.

Else check the art path under drive settings. And add them manually.
By default all the covers are saved in the Usb Loader GX folder in your SD (or HDD if set) in several folders :
  • 2D: SD:\usb-loader\covers\GAME_ID.png.
  • 3D: SD:\usb-loader\covers\3d\GAME_ID.png.
  • DISC: SD:\usb-loader\covers\disc\GAME_ID.png.
  • FULL COVER: SD:\usb-loader\covers\full\GAME_ID.png.
If you would like to add or modify a cover manually, you only have to add or replace the image(s) to the folder(s) naming them with the game ID, for example, the cover images for Mario Kart will be named RMCP01.png.

You can also change the source folders of the images. For example placing them in the same place as the games on the hdd. This is useful when you have the games on a hard disk and download the covers using for example WBFS Manager but you run USB Loader GX from an SD card.

Reactions: Modular511

Modular511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i remember correct, you can choose to download custom artwork if available, too.

Else check the art path under drive settings. And add them manually.
By default all the covers are saved in the Usb Loader GX folder in your SD (or HDD if set) in several folders :
  • 2D: SD:\usb-loader\covers\GAME_ID.png.
  • 3D: SD:\usb-loader\covers\3d\GAME_ID.png.
  • DISC: SD:\usb-loader\covers\disc\GAME_ID.png.
  • FULL COVER: SD:\usb-loader\covers\full\GAME_ID.png.
If you would like to add or modify a cover manually, you only have to add or replace the image(s) to the folder(s) naming them with the game ID, for example, the cover images for Mario Kart will be named RMCP01.png.

You can also change the source folders of the images. For example placing them in the same place as the games on the hdd. This is useful when you have the games on a hard disk and download the covers using for example WBFS Manager but you run USB Loader GX from an SD card.
I will poke around, where is the custom artwork section in the usb loader? Side note - these are something unreleased in any official capacity (the Japanese one scrapes fine) and a smash bros trainer that is behind a $15 patreon paywall, I am pretty confident there isn't one for just those two! I was gonna make my own simple ones so I don't have two blank covers out of my 400 games, it really bothers my OCD! xD

So, if I told USBLGX that my GameCube games by default on the USB, It will ALWAYS pick that as the location to store my artwork?

Just getting back into all this for the first time in ten years, I GREATLY appreciate the detailed information! :)

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will poke around, where is the custom artwork section in the usb loader?
If you push "-" while inside USB Loader GX you can choose which cover art to download, iirc inclusive "custom" option.

So, if I told USBLGX that my GameCube games by default on the USB, It will ALWAYS pick that as the location to store my artwork?
As sayed, under settings each path can be customized and set where the cover arts are located.

For Radirgy exist a japanese coverart on gametdb :
https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/GLJJMS
For unclepunch SM trainer exist only the info, no cover :
https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/GTME01 but from GC exists : https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/G02E01

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: andykara2003

XofF34r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a similar issue with Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. Its the only game so far that I have an issue with. If I run Nintendont on its own the game runs fine, but when I try to load it up in usbloadergx i get a black screen, and a green flash at the bottom, and the Wii shuts down. I ripped it using usbloader strait to the drive using the Wii. I though at first was a problem with the rip, so i took it off the drive and ripped it again still same issue. Is there known issues running that game specifically in usbloader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto