Hacking Downgraded successfully, I want to install my retail cartridges as titles on the home menu. What do?

probablygay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to install all of my retail cartridges as accessible titles on the home menu. Do I need to install a custom firmware? If so, which is best for this sort of thing? Do I need to use an emuNAND for this sort of thing, or rather should I use an emuNAND for this sort of thing?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you could just download the .3ds, turn to .cia and install it.
before, backup the save of your game, and inject the save on the cia once installed

probablygay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could just download the .3ds, turn to .cia and install it.
before, backup the save of your game, and inject the save on the cia once installed

Sounds good. What is the purpose of setting up an emuNAND then? Does it allow me to update and play online without losing my custom firmware access? What you're telling me is I don't need to take any additional steps after downgrading-- as long as I have homebrew access, then I can install games directly to my system, no CFW required?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use EmunandTool9, or use the gateway launcher for create an emunand (no need to have the gateway card)

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
What is the purpose of setting up an emuNAND? I think that's what I'm not understanding here.

Installing things and messing around with the way stuff works can be dangerous, instead of doing all of that on the sysnand and risk breaking something you do it on emunand, if it breaks you just restore a backup or make another.

You can also update the emunand (only up to 9.5 on N3DS at the moment though) and get all the features of an updated console with out losing access to the exploitable 9.2 system firmware you need to run everything.

Last edited by G25900,

probablygay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing things and messing around with the way stuff works can be dangerous, instead of doing all of that on the sysnand and risk breaking something you do it on emunand, if it breaks you just restore a backup or make another.

Gotchya. I'm assuming there's a method to boot to emuNAND? And, if I install a CIA title (legitimate or otherwise) to the emuNAND, I can just launch the title, correct? No additional steps required? And, I'm assuming we can go online using emuNAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill