Hacking downgrade fatal error 00001001

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I wouldn't be surprised if Gateway requires you to use a Red Card to downgrade in the latest version, try it with an older update.
They couldn't really do that now......people would just use the old launcher, only people who they would be affecting would be people who got error's which is like 2 people

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They couldn't really do that now......people would just use the old launcher, only people who they would be affecting would be people who got error's which is like 2 people

Worth a try.

I mean, I'm pretty sure when they release their N3DS support, everything will most likely require a Gateway Red Card(maybe that is the reason for their delay, security measures), so these updates might be "beta" to test that they block the non-gw users from accessing their features.

MrKablamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have made progress, of sorts. I recently bought a 3ds so had v2 firmware, updated to 4.20-4E, couldn't install CFW so read the post about upgrading, went to 6.20-4E and got the 7/7 error, risked a reset after 7/7 error rather than restoring nand and it updated the browser to 8E but the same firmware, so 6.20-8E.
its not been ota updated so not sure what I can do, but still can't get the downgrade to complete, always getting the 7/7 00001001 error. really want to get this sorted, but I am still getting stuck bouncing around my 4.20-4E, 6.20-4E and now 6.20-8E nand backups trying to get something to take, either the downgrade or the CFW...

any help would be great!

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
likely gateway is checking the minor version and not risking a downgrade if your system already has something lower, for europe probably you need at least .10E, 3DNUS should get you the update cias

Reactions: rlink247

run1492

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem (firmware 6.2 european), so I downloaded the eur update from 3dsiso website and tried to follow instructions to manually update sysnand with sysupdater.cia. But it requires rxtools 3.0 (the one that includes devmode), and it ALWAYS gives me error when I try to launch it, it's veeeery frustrating because rxtools 2.6 works, but doesn't have the required devmode. I also tried to install pasta cfw, but it requires to have the cubic ninja game, that I don't have. So, another blocked road.

My hope is that gateway fixes the problem, or that gateway supports downgrade from 10.1 as this is the version I'd downgrade if i make it trough wifi... or also that somehow I success in installing the f*****g rxtools 3.0

What can I do ? Does somebody succeeded installing rxtools 3.0 or pasta without requiring cubic ninja game ??? I have a flashcard to run nds (dstwo), but it didn't help.

I also tried to downgrade only the mset to 4.5, but from gateway menu tells me that the downgrade is not necessary and the mset is already in its exploitable form, and if I use the updater.nds (alternative method to downgrade mset), and finally I try to access the ds profile exploit to run rxtools offline, an error shows at my old3ds. So I'm depressed with all this, really. Too many hours lost ! really

If anyone have any really useful idea to use the exploit without internet connection, having done all the previous tests, please heeeelp

Now I think it'd be better for me to have a few hours of dreaming before I lost my mind in such an absurd an ingsignificant task that occupes my entire free time. I have always a sense of guilt doing this, as I think of all the refugees that those days try to escape from Siria, coming to Europe, risking its lifes, and those about their families. How miserable is this behavior in a certain way... I shoud help somehow and forget about this, don't you think ?!

Anyway, help'd be appreciated of course.

Have a sweet dreams for you too, and good and long night. (for those that are thinking if I have a real life, ... yes, I do have. But sometimes my mind freaks out...)

run1492

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oops ! Just one more comment, if you let me do (it doesn't matter anyway). This is the 3rd night with this trouble, and I always end up by surrender, make a post anywhere. But this time I'm really helpless; That's why my 'post tone' sounds so self-satisfied and guilty-looking...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you using the latest nightly? http://lavanoid.no-ip.org/

You can find the link to launch it here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...olkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/page-596#post-5677587

And if it still doesn't work, rxTools 2.5.2 has devmode too.

Hey dude, thanks ! I'l give it a try.

run1492

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tested it with the latest nightly, but the same error happens :shit:
tested with rxtools 2.5.2 and it boots ! but if I choose the Devmode option, it returns to, what seems to be, the normal boot, not the emunand where I have the fbi and sysupdater to update the firmware, so I cannot access fbi nor sysupdater.

I think I'm missing something here. Am I really in DevMode ? How can I be sure ? What's next to be able to run sysupdater from DevMode ? Just a little confused as usual. Now, I promise, I go to bed. No more messing around. Good night and thanks in advance to everybody !!! :bow::wacko:

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well it's normal, you're supposed to update your sysnand, not your emunand.
If you have a Gateway, install sysupdater into your sysnand first.
If you don't have one, then you don't even need to downgrade or update. Just put the rxinstaller.bin on your sd card root then scan the qr code/url here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...olkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/page-573#post-5660485

Then you should be able to boot into the nightly through mset.

run1492

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I successfully downgrade my EMUNAND to 4.5 with sysupdater. Next I injected fbi to sysnand, then booted in devmode. Then I installed sysupdater on sysnand, but no icon appears, so not being able to install sysupdater on sysnand to downgrade sysnand...

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I don't know why people still want to downgrade O3DS to 4.X.
There's nothing 4.X exclusive for CFWs now.
4.X DG only benefits GW booting itself.
On the other hand, 4.X DG has a flaw that it has an incompatible issue on FBI injection.

For those "DG Fatal Error 00001001" users, upgrade your SysNAND with Sysupdater + NAND CIA full pack solves this problem.
Because it's caused by "outdated SysNAND version's suffix" e.g. X.X.0-(0~10)J / X.X.0-(0~9)U.
Only Cartridge Update produces "outdated suffix".

Last edited by MelonGx,

run1492

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MY 3DS IS BRICKED. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

After all the hours I've spent to downgrade to 4.5 to be able to run the ds profile exploit (to launch offline rxtools), everything is RUINED.
I made the downgrade with sysupdater in EMUNAND without no problems.

Finally, I installed sysupdater and run it on devmode within rxtools 4.5. The process started ok, the same way it did with EMUNAND, I was being very happy and excited... poor boy... but in the middle of the process, with lots of cias already processed, the HORRIBLE message saying that an error has occurred is show.

What the fffff**k !!! I was so close to the end this time, so close, after all the time I've spent, and with no reason, the process stopped, and my console is bricked.

I'm sure I booted in devmode, and tested the process first on EMUNAND, so why why that happened to me ?!

So now, let's go for the next question (I'm already shaking): Can I recover my NAND.BIN in some way ? I have a copy of my sysnand here.

I have a DSTWO also, I don't know if it can help me. What are the possibilities to fix my 3ds, please tell me that I am not over.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN ALMOST 99% SECURE PROCESS FOLLOWING THE EXACT STEPS, SO ... what could have happened ? I don't know ! Also, the sysupdater utility could have made a rollback instead of let the 3ds throw an error and leave me in this situation.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a stupid thought: Guys when you downloaded the package, did you make sure the file is unlocked ? You know when you download a file to the system root, it's locked first.
Check that, and see if that's an issue. If that's not it, then I would suggest trying a different SD card. It's gotta be one or the other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123: Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?