Hacking DOUBTS... Jap Wii....

lucasogs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi, everybody.... first of all, i dont know nothing about nthis kind of things....

i read a lot here about everything, but i have some doubts....

INFO: i have a japanese Wii. I bought in 11/2007

Q1: I want to play US games... what should i do? i dont care about isos and things like that.... i just want to buy, for example, US paper mario and play with my JAP Wii.... what i have to do!?
A1: modship

Q2: but if get a modship can i play all original US games on my wii!? or i have to use the iso thing and the pacther to play us games?!?!
A2: Some of the newer ones won't work, because they will not be able to find English as the chosen language for you console. Besides, yes you will have to use patched isos for some of 'em, since they contain a firmware update that would feck your console up.

Q2: ok... Now... my doubt is what brick my wii!? 01 - playing JP isos? 02 - playing US patched isos? 03 - playing US original games? 04 - playing JP orignnal games? 05 - updating my hacked wii? 06 - using US games that update my firmware? 07 - using JP games that update my firmware?
A3:

Q4: ok... 06.... what kind of us games?! isos or original games?! there is another way to brick my wii?!

thanks... im doing this and after im going to do somekind of faq about japanese wiis..... thank peoples...

lucasogs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
but if get a modship can i play all original US games on my wii!? or i have to use the iso thing and the pacther to play us games?!?!

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some of the newer ones won't work, because they will not be able to find English as the chosen language for you console. Besides, yes you will have to use patched isos for some of 'em, since they contain a firmware update that would feck your console up.

lucasogs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thank, ok... i know... there is a lot of variations.... but, basically, i can run Us games using modship (wich one is the best?) and patched isos.

ok... Now... my doubt is what brick my wii!?
01 - playing JP isos?
02 - playing US patched isos?
03 - playing US original games?
04 - playing JP orignnal games?
05 - updating my hacked wii?
06 - using US games that update my firmware?
07 - using JP games that update my firmware?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
thank, ok... i know... there is a lot of variations.... but, basically, i can run Us games using modship (wich one is the best?) and patched isos.

ok... Now... my doubt is what brick my wii!?
01 - playing JP isos?
02 - playing US patched isos?
03 - playing US original games?
04 - playing JP orignnal games?
05 - updating my hacked wii?
06 - using US games that update my firmware?
07 - using JP games that update my firmware?

lucasogs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok... 06 - using US games that update my firmware...

what kind of us games?!
isos or original games?!

there is another way to brick my wii?!

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
get on the mudship everyone!
tongue.gif
It's a modifying chip, aka modchip, like a microchip.
But seriously, read everything here:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=Wi...patibility_List
That will tell you what games you can play and if you can brickblock it or not. If you can't (metroid, super mario galaxy,..) then do the metroid trick (search it)
But first check if the game will even work at all.
Never update your wii firmware from an ntsc game, not even the metroid trick, if you are not at the latest japanese firmware (use the internet to update to the latest).

lucasogs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok, thank you very much, but this site is good but i dont get it a lot of things there... that wi im doing this....

im going to ask again:

what kind of us games?!
isos or original games?!

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok, thank you very much, but this site is good but i dont get it a lot of things there... that wi im doing this....

im going to ask again:

what kind of us games?!
isos or original games?!

pfff the site I gave you tells you if you need to protect backups using brickblocker or not. If you can't use brickblocker, research the metroid trick. Search already!
Always update your wii to the latest firmware using the region of your wii, so update with japanese games or the internet. And now search on what e.g. metroid does.
There is no difference between backups and originals that are untouched. Brickblocked backups are different.
Again, use the search button.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Q4: ok... 06.... what kind of us games?! isos or original games?! there is another way to brick my wii?!
A4: Most of the US games MIGHT have updates, either original OR Isos.
Since you cant Patch ORIGINAL Games, your only choice to play those games is to patch a ISO with BrickBlocker.
But, some modchips DONT auto-patch the region (well most of them do that nowadays...) in those cases you need to use RegionFrii, to play them.

And thats it... you can only brick your wii if you use a Different Update from the Region of the Console.
In This Case if your console is a NTSC-J then it can brick with a NTSC-U or a PAL update.

also.. your doing a faq, but you have zero knowledge about this... i would advise you to make a faq about something you understand better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative