Doubts about restoring a save backed up from a legit eshop installed game

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by gogas, Jan 14, 2015.

1. gogas
    OP

gogas Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2012
    Hi i have a 9.2 3DS and i have a legit eshop installed copy of Fire Emblem and Pokemon Y on my SD card and i was thinking of downgrading to 4.X.
    My question are:

1)Will the Fire Emblem and Pokemon saves work after i downgrade.

2)If i backup the saves of FE and Pkmn with savedatafiler will i be able to restore them to a rom of the same game or a .cia version of it

2. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    since Fire Emblem is a 4.X game. its save data should still work on 4.5, but Pokemon Y is a 6.X game, so its save data will not work on 4.5. also iirc even with a 9.2 sysnand, gateway mode emunand is some how missing the 6.X save keys so it uses the 4.5 ones. so you cant uses savedatafiler to rip the save before downgrading. but i also heard classic mode emunand does work... but you cant run savedatafiler in classic mode so no luck there either.

gogas likes this.
  3. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    In short downgrading from any higher firmware is a great plan but at the expense of losing most of your saves. Maybe Gatewait will fix that Soon™.

gogas likes this.
  4. troa11

troa11 Older Than You

Apr 11, 2006
    United States
    Pretty sure the save encryption problem only applies to retail carts, not eshop titles.

I have a retail Pokemon Y eshop install on my 9.4 emunand on a 4.2 sysnand 3DS. If you want to PM me I can help you test this.

gogas likes this.