Hacking Homebrew Checkpoint "an exception occurred" while restoring data on a game

KkJin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i'm sorry if this has been talked about before but i have a problem (?) with checkpoint on 3ds. I searched the internet for a response but couldn't find someone who's got the same problem i have :/

So i backed up the save file from my physical copy of Fire Emblem Warriors and then proceeded to import the said save file to the version i downloaded from Hshop. Both are european updated versions of the game. But the problem is when i restored the save file on the downloaded version of the game, i t "an exception occurred" as the following image suggests. Not being able to find someone who's got the same problem i had, i just followed the "press any other button to shutdown" instruction.

But then i turned on my 3ds and started the downloaded version of the game to check if it worked nonetheless. Which it did and even the dlc i downloaded beforehand worked (i didn't have them on the physical copy except for the japanese language if that means anything). The checkpoint app also functions as it should as far as i know, and i was able to backup 2 other games. So basically i'm wondering if there actually is a problem i need to fix so i don't break something before i restore the save data of my 2 other games ? Especially since the few similar cases i found on the internet required some file manipulations.

Thank you in advance for your help !

exception occurred.jpg

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But then i turned on my 3ds and started the downloaded version of the game to check if it worked nonetheless. Which it did and even the dlc i downloaded beforehand worked (i didn't have them on the physical copy except for the japanese language if that means anything).
Are you talking about the same 3ds and the same (EU) digital version that gave you the error earlier, or is it something else?
Does the game work if you delete the save?

If the game doesn't work with and without a Checkpoint-restored save, then it's either missing a seed file (easily fixed by importing seed in fbi) or you installed a corrupt cia (unless you DL'ed it from the eShop, in that case DL it again). Don't think the presence of the DLC would cause an error, if your save doesn't have the DLC data on it.
Also if the game uses the extdata you should back it up and restore as well, i know games like AC:NL does this..

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically i'm wondering if there actually is a problem i need to fix so i don't break something before i restore the save data of my 2 other games ?
I don't know what sort of fixes you're expecting?

Especially since the few similar cases i found on the internet required some file manipulations.
Maybe you could provide some links to what you're referring to? (Of course, you can't post links right away since you're new here, but maybe you can suggest appropriate Google searches that will bring up the pages in question?)

KkJin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you talking about the same 3ds and the same (EU) digital version that gave you the error earlier, or is it something else?
Does the game work if you delete the save?
Sorry, my wording wasn't clear enough. I started the version i got from hshop. The one i put my previous save file (from the physical copy) into. And it seems to work perfectly with the imported save. And since it worked before i put the save file in, and is working right now, i guess the rom doesn't have a problem (?)
I don't know what sort of fixes you're expecting?
I'm just worried about the error message i got earlier and don't want to use checkpoint to restore data if it's bound to happen again. The console and the game i imported the data into seem to work perfectly, but like if it happens again, does it mean there's an underlying problem to solve ? Should i save the "crash dump" or ignore it ? Is it dangerous for my console/sd card ?

That's why i put a "(?)" after saying i had a probem. It seems like there's a problem, but the console doesn't act like there is so i don't know whether to worry about it or ignore the "exception occured" black screen :/

Maybe you could provide some links to what you're referring to? (Of course, you can't post links right away since you're new here, but maybe you can suggest appropriate Google searches that will bring up the pages in question?)

For example i found a thread on githup named "An exception occured - bug CheckPoint #1722". I guess it would be the first link to show up on google search.
The person had a similar situation except the context is very different because they were trying to access the cheats and used "rosalina". Also the bottom screen had a long list of "FF565E..." and mine is empty. That's the closest i could find from my situation, but it requires to setup the thing again or something.

Anyway, i'm sorry, i don't understand much yet ww

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The console and the game i imported the data into seem to work perfectly, but like if it happens again, does it mean there's an underlying problem to solve ? Should i save the "crash dump" or ignore it ? Is it dangerous for my console/sd card ?
I don't think I've ever heard of anyone ever getting something useful out of a crash dump, for starters.

If you're worried about the SD card, it's rarely a bad idea to back things up?

The person had a similar situation except the context is very different because they were trying to access the cheats and used "rosalina".
Well, that's completely different from what you're doing, so..?

KkJin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, that's completely different from what you're doing, so..?
Precisely. That may be the reason why i started my own thread actually. I just said the error message was similar, and took it as an example bc that's the closest i could find to my situation.

But nvm. i'll try restoring the saves of my 2 other games and if i find something "interesting" about it, i'll share it here

KkJin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In the end i didn't have time to restore my games' data yet. So before i proceed to do so, do you think there's something i should do with checkpoint ?

KkJin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure if this could help anyone in the future, but after restoring the save data for like 5 other games, turns out i got no problem for any of them. Not even the "an exception occurred" screen. So this could be related to the european version of the game even though it works just fine so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong