OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I heard the last podcast that said that the R4 team will be releasing a new version of their flashcart with SDHC support but I have a doubt. Does that mean that they will stop releasing updates for the old cart?

Because my kid want to play with his pokemons of pear/diamond in Battle Revolution so bad and I'm saying that it will be possible soon that if the R4 team doesn't release his update, I'll have to buy a cyclods lol.

Tks

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, they said they would release the firmware update for the orginal R4 cartridge. So that would mean you won't have to buy a new one and that there's still only one cartridge that will be continued to get updated by R4 team.

But it's still not known how long it will take before the update gets released, so it may be months away if it even gets an firmware update at all...

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IF all the new cart that is coming out just adds SDHC and nothing else the kernels should be almost identical, if that is the case then they will have new kernels for the old one.

mtsuboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
That's all I want to hear
wink.gif

To tell you the truth, I don't care very much about SDHC, but I really want to link with Wii and to play my games without having to patch it first. Let's just hope that it comes out soon so my son can play Battle Revolution with his pokemons

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only reason they are taking there time is it will probably be on the day the SDHC R4 gets released or more likely a week after its release making people think they will not make new firmware for it and they will go out and buy the new and improved R4.
/Speculation

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only reason they are taking there time is it will probably be on the day the SDHC R4 gets released or more likely a week after its release making people think they will not make new firmware for it and they will go out and buy the new and improved R4.
/Speculation
I sure hope they come up with this new card b4 xmas!

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the R4 firmware delay is getting ridiculous!
dry.gif
The team should be ashamed.
lecture.gif

Screw SDHC...the list of "non-working" roms is getting silly and they have no excuse for not doing an ARM7 interim firmware to bring compatability back up to 100%. (Unless they are unable to fix it.
unsure.gif
)

I'm lucky that jalaneme didn't take me up on my bet...it would have cost me a DS lite!!!
wtf.gif
( I was sure they'd do a new firmware last month. :'( )

Even if they did bring out a new cart, there's no way I'd buy one seeing how poor R4 support has become. It's surprising seeing how many sales they've had, maybe they retired on all the money they made?

Acekard RPG would be my choice to replace R4, unless something even better comes along.
wub.gif

Oh well I'm still happy with my R4 for now...back to playing panzer tactics!!
grog.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Yeah, lack of firmware updates is starting to annoy me, and if they stop doing firmware for the regular R4, I'll probably switch straight to Cyclo and attempt to sell my R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good idea