Hacking Doubt about new R4 firmware

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a wild idea... they make all of us send in our R4s, and they send us ones with SDHC!!

I'd go for that, even if I had to pay shipping and handling. Too bad it will never happen.

What are these "non-working" ROMs you guys are talking about? You mean the ones that require the ARM fix? It's really not that hard to patch them....it only takes an extra minute to patch them and then they run fine after that. No big deal. It's still easier than how some of the other flashcarts are.....requiring you to choose a save type, speed settings and all that other crap I keep hearing people ask about in ROM release threads.

After finding out that old R4's aren't getting the SCHD ability, I don't really care about the next firmware update anymore. When it comes, it comes, if not, oh well......whatever.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, lack of firmware updates is starting to annoy me, and if they stop doing firmware for the regular R4, I'll probably switch straight to Cyclo and attempt to sell my R4.
And when Cyclo takes a big break to do something else, but R4 is updating regular again I presume you'd sell your cyclo to get an R4 at that point?
laugh.gif

Some of you who complain of the smallest inconvenience in your $40 product just make me laugh to no end (at the same time making me feel wrather despondent as to where the capitalist economy will be headed at that rate.)

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We've had heaps of updates for our R4's. For the price it's been excellent..I can play all the games I want and we got cheat support added.

Nothing worth complaining about IMO

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We've had heaps of updates for our R4's. For the price it's been excellent..I can play all the games I want and we got cheat support added.

Nothing worth complaining about IMO

Finally someone that cares.
bow.gif
For a very low low price, everyone sho is complaining ....I don't understand
wacko.gif
.I have been reading some of the R4 Update hate threads in I have to say what you just said Cubin Hit me in the face.. 1 Honest and Smart Person that cares about the bang for the buck.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
I don't see the point of having selling your R4 if you are happy with the current kernel. Do you absolutely need SDHC or Wii connectivity?

I need both, my brother pre ordered Pokemon Battle Revolution so we need Wii connectivity for that, and i mainly use my R4 for media purposes and 2gb just doesn't cut it, and plus the Cyclo DS's GUI isnt so noobish like the R4's.

macherie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IF you're not happy with the R4 then go buy a cyclods if you're in such a hurry. There aren't any incompatible roms as long as you can patch them yourself, and if you're too lazy to do that, then it serves you right.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the R4 the way it is.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see the point of having selling your R4 if you are happy with the current kernel. Do you absolutely need SDHC or Wii connectivity?

I need both, my brother pre ordered Pokemon Battle Revolution so we need Wii connectivity for that, and i mainly use my R4 for media purposes and 2gb just doesn't cut it, and plus the Cyclo DS's GUI isnt so noobish like the R4's.

Now you should be complaining about the kernel.
biggrin.gif
I use my DS for media too, but that's why I have an EZF IV, to store some music and my R4 has all the rest, each are only a gig.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well... If you're wanting the new features so bad, you might as well move on and switch to the CycloDS, because you'll probably never be happy with your R4.

As for me, I'm completely satisfied.

Note: Media on the DS blows. I have a Laptop with a 250GB HDD for that.

~Nero

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Well... If you're wanting the new features so bad, you might as well move on and switch to the CycloDS, because you'll probably never be happy with your R4.

As for me, I'm completely satisfied.

Note: Media on the DS blows. I have a Laptop with a 250GB HDD for that.

~Nero

Oh yeah i already have bought my Cyclo DS just waiting for it. And not all people can afford laptops either and I would just dislike to carry a laptop around if i wanted my media on the go.

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish somone would give us an update. I am holding out for the new R4, and i need it before x - mas. I am back and fourth on the M3Real, but it seems kinda slow.

I just want to see what awsome things the new R4 has. I want to know how long we are talking. I know people from R4 get on these fourms, I just wish they would be nice and let people know if they should keep waiting or just buy somthing else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i am 28 :cry: