Hacking DOP-Mii v13 released

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have messed around with this newest version of dop-mii, and it is nice that dop-mii detects the version of IOS15 and 36. If you have the SM4.2 versions of these IOSes, it will skip the installation of IOS41, but if the 4.3 ones are installed then you will proceed to install IOS41.

I was curious about one thing however - the TBR feature in dop-mii will ultimately patch the version of IOS36 v3351. Is there any benefit to using that version instead of the newest one (v3607)?

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GREAT! I always liked dop-mii
smile.gif

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
May anyone tell me what "Version cannot downgrade other IOSes" means exactly? This question sounds stupid, yes, but i just don't get it. I'm aware of the fact that IOSes have different revisions, e.g IOS56 v5661. Downgrading would be something like going from rev5661 to rev5405, that's obvious. But what is downgrading exactlly in his case? Just trying to overwrite rev5661 with rev5405? Or is uninstalling rev5661 first included aswell?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Liberty said:
May anyone tell me what "Version cannot downgrade other IOSes" means exactly? This question sounds stupid, yes, but i just don't get it. I'm aware of the fact that IOSes have different revisions, e.g IOS56 v5661. Downgrading would be something like going from rev5661 to rev5405, that's obvious. But what is downgrading exactlly in his case? Just trying to overwrite rev5661 with rev5405? Or is uninstalling rev5661 first included aswell?
This mean if you try to downgrade other IOSes it doesn't work
rolleyes.gif
,overwrite the IOS with an older version, and it's not possible to uninstall it. But if you would patch the IOS that "cannot downgrade other IOSes", everything will work, this mean you can overwrite and uninstall other IOSes.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIX94 said:
Liberty said:
rolleyes.gif
,overwrite the IOS with an older version, and it's not possible to uninstall it. But if you would patch the IOS that "cannot downgrade other IOSes", everything will work, this mean you can overwrite and uninstall other IOSes.
This makes no sense whatsoever.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FIX94 said:
rolleyes.gif
Nope, that's wrong and i just tried this out myself.

IOS37 v5662 (Version cannot downgrade other IOSes) => I'm using this to install other IOSes
IOS35 v3607 (Version cannot downgrade other IOSes) => This is my test subject

I successfully did the following things:
a) Uninstall IOS35 v3607 first, Install IOS35 v3349 second
b) Straightforward install of IOS35 v3349 without uninstalling IOS35 v3349 first

So i'm still confused what "Version cannot downgrade other IOSes" means, cause i just did this. Downgrade another IOS.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Liberty said:
FIX94 said:
rolleyes.gif

IOS37 v5662 (Version cannot downgrade other IOSes) => I'm using this to install other IOSes

b) Straightforward install of IOS35 v3349 without uninstalling IOS35 v3349 first

So i'm still confused what "Version cannot downgrade other IOSes" means, cause i just did this. Downgrade another IOS.
This can't work, this would mean you could hack every 4.3 wii
rolleyes.gif

And you installed really IOS37 v5662 without patches (no fakesign,...)?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Liberty said:
FIX94 said:
rolleyes.gif

This can't work, this would mean you could hack every 4.3 wii
rolleyes.gif

In part b) it doesnt appear that you downgraded.
For example if you have the most recent clean version of IOS36 and you are running 4.2, you wouldnt be able to downgrade IOS70 from a stub to regular. You would first have to patch/replace IOS36 with the older version that allows downgrading.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FIX94 said:
Don't get me wrong, I installed it with patches and that was the whole point of my question. I just wanted to know if his message "Version cannot downgrade other IOSes" will have any effect on a patched IOS.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Liberty said:
FIX94 said:
Don't get me wrong, I installed it with patches and that was the whole point of my question. I just wanted to know if his message "Version cannot downgrade other IOSes" will have any effect on a patched IOS.
Oh, now I understand
rofl.gif
Yes, point b), that you are trying to downgrade a version directly should not work, this is strange that it worked.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FIX94 said:
Liberty said:
FIX94 said:
And you installed really IOS37 v5662 without patches (no fakesign,...)? Don't get me wrong, I installed it with patches and that was the whole point of my question. I just wanted to know if his message "Version cannot downgrade other IOSes" will have any effect on a patched IOS.

Oh, now I understand
rofl.gif
Yes, point b), that you are trying to downgrade a version directly should not work, this is strange that it worked.
Hm maybe because i version check patched them, like new TBR does?
# added version check patching (this prevents error -1035 on downgrading titles)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Liberty said:
FIX94 said:
Liberty said:
FIX94 said:
And you installed really IOS37 v5662 without patches (no fakesign,...)? Don't get me wrong, I installed it with patches and that was the whole point of my question. I just wanted to know if his message "Version cannot downgrade other IOSes" will have any effect on a patched IOS.

Oh, now I understand
rofl.gif
Hm maybe because i version check patched them, like new TBR does?
# added version check patching (this prevents error -1035 on downgrading titles)
You got it
yaywii.gif
The new TBR will special patch the IOS that you can downgrade versions without the -1035 error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o