XP
Country
Belgium
xzxero said:
cuuuz its a beta.....and its aging
biggrin.gif
As I said, I don't actually need it, so I'm not gonna update
tongue.gif

Anyway, Since we can Install IOS60 in slot 70, we should be able to prevent 003 errors. The only problem remaining is that DOP-Mii will complain because the versions don't match
frown.gif

If IOS70v6174 was accepted for System menu 4.2 that would be good, but I don't know if it's worth it...

PS: I tried all functions and everything works, no code dumps, perfect!
biggrin.gif

Now using it in my guide
yaywii.gif

Lunatik.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
xzxero said:
cuuuz its a beta.....and its aging
biggrin.gif
As I said, I don't actually need it, so I'm not gonna update
tongue.gif

Anyway, Since we can Install IOS60 in slot 70, we should be able to prevent 003 errors. The only problem remaining is that DOP-Mii will complain because the versions don't match
frown.gif

If IOS70v6174 was accepted for System menu 4.2 that would be good, but I don't know if it's worth it...

PS: I tried all functions and everything works, no code dumps, perfect!
biggrin.gif

Now using it in my guide
yaywii.gif

As long as you are using System Menu 4.1, then it shouldn't complain about IOS70. But it's typically not a good idea to use an older IOS with a newer system menu. This is why I implemented the check. However if you do decide to upgrade to System Menu 4.2 I think I have the installer setup so you can skip the IOS installation if the versions don't match.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
xzxero said:
overwrite the old beta!!
Why would I?
I don't really use cIOSCORP and I already fixed some problems it causes (hackmii not working, ...)
wink.gif

Ummm... this is slightly off topic but cIOSCORP has been compatible with hackmii for a couple of versions now and all you needed to do before that was install an original IOS36 or sth. It wasn't a big deal.

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
i already have a config folder on sd root for my usb gx files etc
can i put the contents of the dop mii config in that folder with those files?
or should i just rename it config2?

Q if i update to 4.0 from 3.2 to get the sdhd feature will my boot 2/boot mii be ok and everything else?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
stickybit said:
Just leave it be
They can both be in the same folder

Q if i update to 4.0 from 3.2 to get the sdhd feature will my boot 2/boot mii be ok and everything else?
Updating to 4.0 won't touch BootMii Boot2
I recommend 4.1 over 4.0 though

Lunatik.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stickybit said:

You are fine on adding the file to the config folder. For the developer community it was kind of agreed that the config folder is a common folder for various projects. There are multiple projects that use the config folder so you are fine on just dropping the file there. The purpose of having a common config folder is so that you can essentially have multiple versions of the same app installed and the application can share settings between versions. It also frees you up on renaming the folder in the apps folder.

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks fellas
so has everthing been tested thers nothing in it like the system check error that happend a few revisions back?
iv had a look at it and its a very handy tool however iv not tried anything with it yet
but its good to have if i ever need to update an ios or system menu etc
i think im gonna update the shop channel 1st
also it will let me install/delete the news/weather channels this is great as i never ever use these

if i wanted to update to any system menu will it automaticall update the ioses etc or do i need to do that manually?

Lunatik.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stickybit said:
if i wanted to update to any system menu will it automaticall update the ioses etc or do i need to do that manually?

v12 will check the IOS version and if it doesn't have the required version it will ask if you would like to install it right then and there.

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
ok and if i do update from 3.2 to say 4.1or 2 what will be affected out of these programs

back up loaders
usb gx channel and loader
wad manager 1.3
homebrew channel and apps
priiloader latest version
bootmii / boot2

also i had a bit of a question for priiloader experts no ones comented yet if you could help that would be great
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=211...p;#entry2637901
thanks

Lunatik.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stickybit said:
ok and if i do update from 3.2 to say 4.1or 2 what will be affected out of these programs

back up loaders
wad manager 1.3
bootmii / boot2

also i had a bit of a question for priiloader experts no ones comented yet if you could help that would be great
thanks

Not an easy question to answer. All I can say is don't do the official Nintendo upgrade and for the most part you should be fine. Different apps rely on different IOSes and depend on the requirement of the app/channel will depend on if it will be affected or not. The only easy one I can answer is the bootmii/boot2 question. Basically if you do not upgrade via official Nintendo route then bootmii will be unaffected. Otherwise you will have to reinstall bootmii.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stickybit said:

back up loaders
wad manager 1.3
bootmii / boot2

thanks
just use dop-mii to update all of your IOS's [no patches] and system menu
then reinstall the homebrew channel and bootmii
then reinstall priiloader.
everything will still work as long you dont update from nintendo.

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i may have found a minor bug i dont know
when i select ios 249 at the beginning of dopmii to install ioses (i always use 249 since its what i was promped to use with waninkos revisions)
if my hd is switched on i get "exception dsi occoured" when its trying to load after i select 249
if i switch off the hd it loads ok
mabey you know about it ?? anyhow just though id mention it

someone should make a guide as when im messing with ioses etc im always worried of what will be alterd etc
just a reference guide to fall back on before updating/downgrading etc with all ioses and system menus
it does say in dopmii what uses which ios but its very limited

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Devs Have you changed the libogc for the app as will not compile properly any more keep getting errors when using libogc that used to compile dop-ios mod???

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
if you dont compile apps then no need confusing yourself with libogc, just leave that one for us compilers

to answer your question, its a library needed to compile Wii apps, some homebrew apps use different libogc than others so if you use the wrong one you get errors and wont be able to compile

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just want to pop in and say "thank you!" for this applet.
smile.gif
It shows the interior of the wii so clearly and is at the same time so easy to use I find myself directing others to this thread multiple times.

(oh, and I've put it to good use myself as well
smile.gif
)

natebigboygunn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys just a quik one, i have downloaded the dopmii v12 and unzipped it, do i jst copy whats in the app file to the app file on my sd card, and is it the same with the config file?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice app, thanks heaps!
smile.gif

Any particular reason it reports more IOSes on screen than it saves on the .txt/.csv file? It had IOS9 and 21 on screen but not in the spreadsheet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto