tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
borissaid said:
If you have bootmii on Boot2, is there any benefit in upgrading to boot2 v4?
Even if you don't have it, there isn't much benefit...

The only benefit I'd see is that when you'd accidentally update, your BootMii wouldn't be uninstalled as you'd already have Boot2v4.
So if you're scared from accidentally updating it, install boot2v4 and re-install BootMii
wink.gif

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lunatik. said:
FenrirWolf said:
Also, about downgrading the system menu... if you have Boot2v4 installed, you shouldn't downgrade past 3.4. 3.2 is already deep into brick territory if you're on Boot2v4 and don't have BootMii installed.

Actually it's not a boot2v4 issue. It is if you have a Wii manufacturered after July 2008. I have one of the Wii's manufacturered when it first came out and I can successfully downgrade all the way to 2.0 with no problem. Rule of thumb is if you can't install BootMii as boot2 you should not downgrade below 3.4.

i couldnt install bootmii on my wii from early 08 and it came with 3.2 also and ive been able to go back and foerward from 4.2 to 3.2

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
tj_cool said:
Lunatik. said:
IOSes can now be installed into empty Slots. To perform the install Hold A then press +
Out of curiosity, I tried installing IOS60 in the slot of IOS70 on my 4.1 Wii, but I couldn't (eventhough the slot is empty, but its probably because it is used by 4.2). Would it be possible to do this by changing the Config file?
If I'm right, installing IOS60 in the slot of IOS70 should prevent 003 errors so that's why I'm interested in this (if thats not true, then never mind)
smile.gif

Lunatik. said:
FenrirWolf said:
Also, about downgrading the system menu... if you have Boot2v4 installed, you shouldn't downgrade past 3.4. 3.2 is already deep into brick territory if you're on Boot2v4 and don't have BootMii installed.

Actually it's not a boot2v4 issue. It is if you have a Wii manufacturered after July 2008. I have one of the Wii's manufacturered when it first came out and I can successfully downgrade all the way to 2.0 with no problem. Rule of thumb is if you can't install BootMii as boot2 you should not downgrade below 3.4.
I believe it's the combination of Boot2V4 with a small hardware change on LU64+ Wii's that makes it dangerous to downgrade.
Wii's that do not have the hardware change are not in danger (this includes the Wii's that can't have BootMii Boot2, but are not LU64+).
Downgrading isn't needed anyway, so why bother
tongue.gif

http://hackmii.com/2009/08/timing-is-every...ftmoddable-wii/

* You can now upgrade or downgrade to ANY System Menu version.
o NOTE It is not recommended to downgrade below 3.2 if you have a newer Wii. Rule of thumb is if you can't install BootMii as Boot2 then you should not go below 3.2.

about that, maybe you could ask twiizers their code to detect if bootmii can be installed as boot2 or not to block installation of the old system menu/ios ?

This is pretty solid work otherwise, a must-have application

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lunatik. said:
Hey guys if you just downloaded. Please redownload. I don't know why my final compile started causing a code dump during install. But I recompiled it and now it doesn't do it.

it is shown as DOP-Mi v12.zip?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bnm81002 said:
Lunatik. said:
Hey guys if you just downloaded. Please redownload. I don't know why my final compile started causing a code dump during install. But I recompiled it and now it doesn't do it.
it is shown as DOP-Mi v12.zip?
Yes, but I used it and it works
smile.gif

I even updated my guide to use it
biggrin.gif

Lunatik.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:
* You can now upgrade or downgrade to ANY System Menu version.
o NOTE It is not recommended to downgrade below 3.2 if you have a newer Wii. Rule of thumb is if you can't install BootMii as Boot2 then you should not go below 3.2.

about that, maybe you could ask twiizers their code to detect if bootmii can be installed as boot2 or not to block installation of the old system menu/ios ?

This is pretty solid work otherwise, a must-have application

Actually I talked with Bushing about it. There is no real easy way to tell, especially when boot2v4 is installed. Best I can really do is put up a warning. The problem is not with the system menu itself, but the actual IOS. In theory, but not officially tested, with some hacks to the tmd you could use say IOS70 for System Menu 2.0, but again NOT recommended, just theory only.

But I agree I wouldn't recommend downgrading. The only reason I made it an option to go all the way down to 2.0 is mainly for developers to be able to test any old version for whatever need they may have. Users should stay within the latest versions.

Posts merged

tj_cool said:
QUOTE(Lunatik. @ Mar 4 2010, 05:45 AM)
IOSes can now be installed into empty Slots. To perform the install Hold A then press +
Out of curiosity, I tried installing IOS60 in the slot of IOS70 on my 4.1 Wii, but I couldn't (eventhough the slot is empty, but its probably because it is used by 4.2). Would it be possible to do this by changing the Config file?
If I'm right, installing IOS60 in the slot of IOS70 should prevent 003 errors so that's why I'm interested in this (if thats not true, then never mind)
smile.gif

It should let you install if the slot is truly empty. I set it up so that it looks for empty slots. If you don't see it during the slot selection then that means the slot is occupied. However I will take a look and see if I can reproduce it.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks for the clarifications. Still, I'm pretty sure that if your Wii is a "LU64," then 3.2 = brickage as well. I thought 3.4 was the minimum safe menu version for those consoles since IOS30 is one of the IOS's affected by the timing issue.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about have it check the setting.txt and get the serial number. there is can see if you have a LU64 or LEH-whatever. (unless you have manually changed the setting.txt, which most people havent)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RockmanForte said:
DOP-IOS MOD 11.5 rename to DOP-Mii v12 now ??? I am confuse.
No it's an update so it's basically DOP-IOS MOD v12
But The DOP-IOS MOD Name was changed to DOP-Mii (so it's still v12).

@Lunatik: I'll check again then
I think I already know the problem: I have an old beta of cIOSCORP installed I think so IOS70 is probably Occupied...

Edit: yep I was right
Uninstalled the IOS70 and IOS60 installed fine in slot 70 this time
smile.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
RockmanForte said:

Thanks. Do I have to update the channel menu for all again ? I just update all channel menus through v11.5.

Lunatik.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
how about have it check the setting.txt and get the serial number. there is can see if you have a LU64 or LEH-whatever. (unless you have manually changed the setting.txt, which most people havent)

May not be a bad idea to add a flag to the config file, so if users know they cannot downgrade to < 3.2 then it won't even be an option. I'll think about it for the next release.

Lunatik.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
tj_cool said:
RockmanForte said:

Thanks. Do I have to update the channel menu for all again ? I just update all channel menus through v11.5.

Channels only need to be upgraded if you see Upgrade via the System Menu. Otherwise your channels can be left alone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?