dop ios v8 4.2 network install issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ssahnan, Oct 15, 2009.

Oct 15, 2009
  1. ssahnan
    OP

Newcomer ssahnan Member

United States
    anytime i try to install any of the ios thru dop ios, it gets to the point of network install but hangs at the initializating network prompt, get it with other installers too, any ideas?

i think it work if i did wad installs on em but wads of the ios's arent readily out there to download.

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Wads of IOSs are readily available, look into NUS downloader

I'm on 4.2 and used dopios with network install no problem. Confirm that you're connected to the internet, and make sure the connection your using is saved as connection 1 (this last part may not make a difference anymore, but I know back in the day it did)

3. ssahnan
    OP

Newcomer ssahnan Member

United States
    thanks for the nus downloader help, will do that

as far as connections go, its a ethernet hookup, shop channel works fine ut will check it all out to make sure. on my brother's wii it works fine as well, all connected to my cords and lines, there is just something that has gone wrong along the way on mine

4. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    for network installs and apps that need a net connection you must use the wiis wifi connection and have a active net, most installers and apps dont support lan adaptors most apps have issues using it

5. ssahnan
    OP

Newcomer ssahnan Member

United States
    huh, you were right atleast in my case on the network thing, thanks, appreciate all the help from you guys...