"DOOM+DOOM II" new enhanced re-release adds all the officially released map packs and a brand new episode

doom+doomII.jpg

QuakeCon kickstarted its 2024 outing on August 8th to great reception, and to start off the event with a bang, Bethesda announced a brand new re-release of Doom and Doom II was announced alongside a brand new trailer.

Without any notice, id Software and Nightdive Studios combined forces and brought forth this new re-release, but this new release of the classic FPS that defined the genre is not any re-release, but it adds a lot of previously unavailable content alongside brand new content as well go to with the occasion, in what the trailer deems "the definitive experience", and without a doubt, this re-release does offer a definitive experience to this classic duo.

Some of the features that this enhanced release brings are:
  • All of the previously released map packs (enhancements as they call them in the trailer) for Doom and Doom II are available in this re-release. These include:
    • Doom (All original 3 episodes, and also Episode 4: Thy Flesh Consumed)
    • Doom II
    • Master Levels for Doom II
    • TNT: Evilution
    • The Plutonia Experiment
    • No Rest for the Living
    • Sigil (Unofficial 5th episode for the original Doom by John Romero)
    • Legacy of Rust. Brand new single player episode with new weapons and new enemies made in collaboration with people from id Software, Machinegames and Nightdive Studios
  • Select between the Original or an Enhanced IDKFA soundtrack by Andrew Hulshult
  • 60 fps at 1080p for all platforms released, with hardware that supports it being able to go up to 120fps at 4k.Online Deathmatch and Co-op with up to 16 players with 43 Deathmatch levels
  • Supports community-published mods, like Sigil II and BTSX to name a few
  • And much, much more...
As a side note, the enhanced soundtrack was made by none other than industry veteran Andrew Hulshult, and in quite the turn of events, Hulshult started his career by working on the very same (then fan-made) IDKFA OST years ago, the very same that is now currently available in an official release of Doom and Doom II.

Additionally, users that owned versions of DOOM or DOOM II previously will get this new enhanced edition for free, similar to the Quake and Quake II remastered releases.

The definitive and enhanced re-release of DOOM+DOOM II is available now on Game Pass, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch.

:arrow: DOOM+DOOM II Trailer by Bethesda

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is what the modern ports should have been from day one.. I’m so happy. Ran through episode 1 of UDoom last night in coop for the first time since the XBLA release.

Last edited by Kioku,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is what should have been.. I’m so happy. Ran through episode 1 of UDoom last night in coop for the first time since the XBLA release.

I found out about the release at midnight and I just couldn't help myself but had to play it for a bit and went through the entire first Episode of Doom as well.
Man what a blast that was. The achievements support, the whole map packs being available, the OST options, the in-game options, it's all incredible.

This is what I wanted from an official release in modern days out of the classic Doom entries.
I'd love to tackle a review for this one, but I'll see if I have the proper time as I want to 100% the achievements in this release.

Also, can anyone confirm if the exclusive Xbox levels are included in this one? I'm talking about E1M10: Sewers in EP1 of Doom and MAP33: Betray from Doom II.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I found out about the release at midnight and I just couldn't help myself but had to play it for a bit and went through the entire first Episode of Doom as well.
Man what a blast that was. The achievements support, the whole map packs being available, the OST options, the in-game options, it's all incredible.

This is what I wanted from an official release in modern days out of the classic Doom entries.
I'd love to tackle a review for this one, but I'll see if I have the proper time as I want to 100% the achievements in this release.

Also, can anyone confirm if the exclusive Xbox levels are included in this one? I'm talking about E1M10: Sewers in EP1 of Doom and MAP33: Betray from Doom II.
I have not tried those two hidden levels. I know what I’m looking for tonight..

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i downloaded nuts .wad through the official mod browser and my computer was able to run it WITHOUT LAGGING.

technology's come a long way.
"The future is now, old man."
I only played official Doom 1 yesterday, have yet to try any mods.

One thing I did find odd though is that they included Sigil, but Sigil II is relegated to the mods section.
I wonder why that was?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I'd quite enjoy a life of taking it easy. But I haven't reached that life yet.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: uuhh, " :shit: to long, Me no watch.