ROM Hack RELEASE DOOM (2016) 60FPS mod

snootaiscool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance someone could do a mod to restore Doom 2016's audio quality back to parity with the other versions a la The Witcher 3? Been enjoying using the stock 60FPS mod for it btw, works beautifully despite the occasional drops back to 30 with large amounts of enemies.

Kirby567fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Any chance someone could do a mod to restore Doom 2016's audio quality back to parity with the other versions a la The Witcher 3? Been enjoying using the stock 60FPS mod for it btw, works beautifully despite the occasional drops back to 30 with large amounts of enemies.
I already checked for ways to replace the audio files before, but since DOOM 2016 has all its assets contained in one big file, I wasnt able to do it since there are no ways to repack the file after extracting it, and on top of that there are other files that are used to check if the big file was changed so thisll probably need a lot of work.

Reactions: snootaiscool

snootaiscool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also as another query, what setting is required to be modified to use Handheld Mode without the crap with the dynamic clocks? I just want to lock it to max clocks, without it suddenly going down to 384mhz, then 460mhz, then back to 921mhz

Kirby567fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Also as another query, what setting is required to be modified to use Handheld Mode without the crap with the dynamic clocks? I just want to lock it to max clocks, without it suddenly going down to 384mhz, then 460mhz, then back to 921mhz
You can use ReverseNX to force docked mode, since you dont lose any performance from doing that in this case.
Else you can try adding this to the config file:
Code:
rs_gpu307Threshold "0"
rs_gpu384Threshold "0"
rs_460Threshold "0"

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This not working for anyone else?
I copied all the doom files over but no luck. Is it only for docked mode?

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Original post post/file is great, but dynamic resolution when it drops, it drops A LOT, making the game so much blurry.

I'm playing the game exclusively in handheld, meaning i don't use the TV or charger while playing, just good old battery while i sit on a toilet lol... ok that was gross... anyway...

If i'm correct (by all that i researched), and if it's multiplied by corresponding resolution, depending in what mode the switch is (handheld 720p or docked 1080p) using ReverseNX, that's what the resolution will be, rainging from highest to lowest.
And so if i take that handheld resolution is 720p (read 720) than 720 x 1.0 = 720 (full handheld resolution) and settings used in original post are 0.4 so 720 x 0.4 = 228p which explains extremely blurry image.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

rs_minimumResolutionScaleX_Handheld 0.4
rs_minimumResolutionScaleY_Handheld 0.4

So anyway, In my testings, It's better to set those values to 0.5 (360p) or 0.6 (432p) looks way sharper and fps is OK,
and also, in sys-clk, set only the CPU to 1224Mhz, it has effect on FPS being more noticeably stable.
Increase of GPU and MEMORY clocks doesn't do much in my testings to FPS stability, but it does make the system run hotter. JUST adjusting CPU to 1224 makes system run cooler. I got V1 switch and in my test it runs @44°C pretty consistently with only CPU @1224Mhz and GPU and Memory are default. if i increase those the system heats up to 50-51°C thats 6-7°C more for essentially nothing.

FPS does fluctuate, its not stable 60 duh! But i never wanted nor expect it to be. I made some compromies to have better experience than default one where fps is locked at 30.

That being said, the game does achieve 60fps many times, it goes as low as 27 and as high as 61 but it averages out to well...say....42-50 aproximately, thats what i noticed. Thats great for me!
Ofc i set the game to "portable" in ReverseNX and if i want better graphical effects i set it to "docked".

So basically this is what i did:

For "Handheld" (0.6 being 432p)
rs_maximumResolutionScaleX_Handheld 1.0
rs_maximumResolutionScaleY_Handheld 1.0
rs_minimumResolutionScaleX_Handheld 0.6
rs_minimumResolutionScaleY_Handheld 0.6

For "Docked" (0.5 being 540... now perhaps for better its best to set at 0.4 = 432p since Docked has extra effects)
rs_maximumResolutionScaleX_Docked 1.0
rs_maximumResolutionScaleY_Docked 1.0
rs_minimumResolutionScaleX_Docked 0.5
rs_minimumResolutionScaleY_Docked 0.5

Somebody correct me if im wrong on any of things i said please.

Here are the pics. In "docked" mode (ReverseNX), Some particles are missing and lighting effects are different.
docked.jpg

And "Handheld" mode, also ReverseNX, lighting is different, and particles are missing. but it looks great also.
handheld.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Im curious though.... to i multiply handheld mode with 720 and docked with 1080 or... or not at all how it goes?
Like what i mean, if i want specific resolution do i do like, for docked for example, 1080 x 0.5 to get 540p, and 720 for docked, example, 720 x 0.75 = 540p

Right??

Also, can someone please give me sole link where i can see what all variables mean in Id Tech engine 6 (i presume thats the DooM 2015 engine)
Post automatically merged:

Is it normal to hear cracking sound with this 60fps patch? and how to eliminate it?

Last edited by Metoroid0,
Reactions: Thorhax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu