ROM Hack RELEASE DOOM (2016) 60FPS mod

snootaiscool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance someone could do a mod to restore Doom 2016's audio quality back to parity with the other versions a la The Witcher 3? Been enjoying using the stock 60FPS mod for it btw, works beautifully despite the occasional drops back to 30 with large amounts of enemies.

Kirby567fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Any chance someone could do a mod to restore Doom 2016's audio quality back to parity with the other versions a la The Witcher 3? Been enjoying using the stock 60FPS mod for it btw, works beautifully despite the occasional drops back to 30 with large amounts of enemies.
I already checked for ways to replace the audio files before, but since DOOM 2016 has all its assets contained in one big file, I wasnt able to do it since there are no ways to repack the file after extracting it, and on top of that there are other files that are used to check if the big file was changed so thisll probably need a lot of work.

Reactions: snootaiscool

snootaiscool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also as another query, what setting is required to be modified to use Handheld Mode without the crap with the dynamic clocks? I just want to lock it to max clocks, without it suddenly going down to 384mhz, then 460mhz, then back to 921mhz

Kirby567fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Also as another query, what setting is required to be modified to use Handheld Mode without the crap with the dynamic clocks? I just want to lock it to max clocks, without it suddenly going down to 384mhz, then 460mhz, then back to 921mhz
You can use ReverseNX to force docked mode, since you dont lose any performance from doing that in this case.
Else you can try adding this to the config file:
Code:
rs_gpu307Threshold "0"
rs_gpu384Threshold "0"
rs_460Threshold "0"

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This not working for anyone else?
I copied all the doom files over but no luck. Is it only for docked mode?

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Yup, Pilot light went out on heater.