Don't like the 3DS price? Well it's your damn fault!

thebigboss14

OP
Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Did you find yourself bubbling with excitement when Nintendo first showed the 3DS at E3 earlier this year? If you answered yes, then you may have contributed to the system's final price.

As reported at Bloomberg, Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata explained the price decision during an analysts meeting yesterday. Someone suggested that the system's price tag of ¥25,000 yen might be on the high side. Iwata responded that the the price was set by considering a number of factors, including reactions to the system's E3 reveal.

The lesson is, next time Nintendo shows some sweet new hardware, act unimpressed! Please pass the message along to these guys.

Iwata also told analysts that the company's original fiscal outlook was created with the plan to release the 3DS within the calendar year. However, they ended up setting the release to February after considering such areas as supply chains and the product's level of completion.
Source: Andriasang

Do you guys think that they may do the same thing in America & Europe? They want to get the most out the 3DS, therefore, they will break gamers' wallets in the process. The first step of Nintendo to start going for the high prices and start imitating Sony & Microsoft. Port your opinions folks.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Doesn't Care* (In hopes of Nintendo looking at this.)

I plan on getting this regardless of the price. Sly Nintendo, Sly.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I won't be buying it due to the price immediately. Sorry Nintendo.
I will buy it when it's at £100-£150 because as it is it's pretty ridiculous.

Actually if Sony releases PSP2 soon I may have to go with that. Screw you Nintendo and your huge price tags.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:
I won't be buying it due to the price immediately. Sorry Nintendo.
I will buy it when it's at £100-£150 because as it is it's pretty ridiculous.

Actually if Sony releases PSP2 soon I may have to go with that. Screw you Nintendo and your huge price tags.
Ummmm.. sure and PSP 2 will "surely" be cheap. When PSP go was released it costed 250 bucks... Oh good god! You are paying what you are getting. Think before posting!

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
The system is going to be of high quality. I was actually expecting it to be $300, so it's fine by me. I'm guessing most of you didn't take supply and demand into consideration. TONS of people want a 3DS, and Nintendo is going to raise the price according to that. It's not that they want to, but they have to do it to stay in business, or at least stay in business and be on top of their game.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tomobobo said:
Um, iPhone 4 starts at $399. It's not 3D. It doesn't even have buttons.
It has few decent games (no epic games as Nintendo's), no aumented reality, no glasses free 3D, no tag mode and streetpass mode, no buttons, no 2 3D cameras... The only thing I don't like about 3DS is the 3MP cameras.. They could make them 4, or 5 MP..

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything starts that way, How much was a PS3 on first release. It makes sense. Let all the rich people spend the money for the advantage of having the item early, then halve the price 6 months later and sell it to the masses.

Not sure where the anger at Nintendo is coming from.

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll only buy it when I can also get a modchip along with it. Before that - nope.

That's the reason why I skipped DSi etc.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey.
Guys.
The DSi LL is 18000 yen. ($216)
Guess how much the DSi XL costs over here?
$169.99

Don't jump on the price bandwagon so quickly when no western price has been announced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: