Hacking Don't get on 3.00 stay on your current firmware version

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you are on the discord chat aswell ? they was saying that you need to patch the trust zone which is only possible on 1.0 to get the key blobs to play newer games , because there is no kernelhax on 3.0 to enable anykind of Emunand like solution
My understanding is kernel has been achieved on 3.0.0, although it's currently private. Enough information was released during the conference that one should be able to figure it out and make it public.

D

Deleted User

My understanding is kernel has been achieved on 3.0.0, although it's currently private. Enough information was released during the conference that one should be able to figure it out and make it public.

okay i didnt see it that way great information bro

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country

I really hope this is the case as I have my original switch sat on FW 2 waiting.

Kind of off topic but I picked up a 3rd switch, Neon version, on FW 3 from Scan Computers yesterday if anyone is looking for one. Good luck :)

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My understanding is kernel and a built-in way to launch the web browser have both been achieved on 3.0.0. I don't expect a lot to happen on 1.0.0, despite its possibilities, and I expect everything to be released for 3.0.0 between now and the foreseeable future.

In other words, 3.0.0 is analogous to 3DS version 9.2.

Kernel has *not* been pwned on 3.0.0. It'll likely be a long, long, long time before it is.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Nope. Kernelhax is 1.0 only.
3.0 is ONLY for homebrew, that's it..

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are we being told to update to 3.0.0?

Don't update to 3.0.0 if you're on 1.0.0. I've been very clear about that.

You've been told to do that because that's where homebrew loader development will be taking place. If you want eventual nice things that come from kernel + trustzone hax...stay on 1.0.0.

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't update to 3.0.0 if you're on 1.0.0. I've been very clear about that.

You've been told to do that because that's where homebrew loader development will be taking place. If you want eventual nice things that come from kernel + trustzone hax...stay on 1.0.0.

Any benefit to staying on 2.x or should people just update to 3.0 if they are on 2.x?

Reactions: leonmagnus99

UltraD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those few of us with a 1.0.0 Switch, should we purchase Puyo Puyo Jap Version now? Or is there another way to access the browser?

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It must be very annoying for devs to see everything they say turned into a breaking news thread...

You have no idea, particularly when the questions asked were in a PM conversation I wasn't expecting to be public.

It's fine for all this to be public, I mean, but I'd have liked some notice (or to be asked) before a GBAtemp thread got made...particularly for something as low importance as this.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have no idea, particularly when the questions asked were in a PM conversation I wasn't expecting to be public.

It's fine for all this to be public, I mean, but I'd have liked some notice (or to be asked) before a GBAtemp thread got made...particularly for something as low importance as this.

Quick, let's turn this into a new thread!

:creep:

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone gets their hands on a dev switch (if that even exists), that'd probably be one of the keys, at least to figuring out something.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We need to blackmail Miyamoto or something.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yea I pretty much figured that was the case. Whenever Smea or derrek or whoever say shit it always gets blown out proportion or taken out of context, especially if its something that can't be put into practice yet. This is why devs don't even like responding anymore.
If your gonna quote someone, always get permission and clarification on wtf your talking about.

Reactions: Thelonewolf88

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those few of us with a 1.0.0 Switch, should we purchase Puyo Puyo Jap Version now? Or is there another way to access the browser?
Get it ASAP before they decide to include a firmware update on the cart

There is no other known way to access the browser on 1.0.0

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, if you can ALMOST guarantee, then you'll be happy to know that literally anyone CAN guarantee that there are more bugs on versions that are less patched.
Not necessarily. Sometimes changes can introduce new bugs.
if you want the real answer 3.0 is bs and just made for homebrew only , 1.0 is the golden firmware why ? because you to play the newest games bought on the store you need the key blobs from higher firmwares which can only be bypassed by an unsigned trust zone which is only possible on firmware 1.0 which can be patched that way , its not possible on 3.0 anymore because the trust zone is blocked by security.

so if you are not stupid rather not update to 3 and wait if you just want homebrew you can enjoy it safely on 3.0
You can only get the 3.0.1+ keys from a 3.0.1+ console. Patching trustzone isn't going to help you get those keys.

Reactions: SirNapkin1334

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any benefit to staying on 2.x or should people just update to 3.0 if they are on 2.x?
No one has announced an exploit on 2.x that doesn't also work on 3.0... BUT it is always best to remain on the lowest firmware possible until something is released. Upgrade is always possible, whereas downgrading is often not possible/prohibitively difficult. If releases start popping out left and right for 3.0 then you can update then if you wish - it is not as though you are risking anything by staying on 2.x for now.

The only time that I could say updating early might have been beneficial is when 3.0 was the latest firmware - as you wouldn't have needed access to a game with the 3.0 firmware in order to upgrade to that firmware at the time. But now that the Switch is passed that, there is no way to update to a manual version besides a game with your desired firmware, and the only one with 3.0 that I'm aware of is Pokken Tournament.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: