Move Savegames from V1 Unpatched Switch on Firmware 16.0.2 to newly Acquired OLED Switch

OLED

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this is a dirt simple question. I've seen this asked before many years ago, but in light of what happened with Lockpick_RCM, I want to be extra sure I do things correctly.

In addition to another V1 unpatched Switch that has Atmosphere 1.5.1 with Firmware 16.0.0, I have a second V1 unpatched Switch that is on Firmware 16.0.2 but isn't running any CFW as of yet (I was stupid on two separate occasions and accidentally hit the update button that bumped me to 16.0.1 and then again to 16.0.2). I recently got an OLED model Switch that I won't be modding. Ideally, I'd like to transfer save game data from this second V1 unpatched Switch on Firmware 16.0.2 to this new OLED Switch and then proceed to put on Atmosphere onto the former. I don't need EVERY game's save data backed up. Maybe just a couple. It'd be cool to preserve the user account, but that's also not necessary. I also have a Nintendo Account on the second V1 unpatched Switch that currently has a basic (i.e. not the Expansion Pass) Switch Online Subscription. Up to this point, I had been using the built-in transfer tool. But I'm wary of updating to Firmware 16.0.3 on any V1 Unpatched Switch in fear of things (particularly Lockpick_RCM and things that I use to dump NSP files and install games from cartridges) breaking.

Should I just utilize the cloud saves from my Switch Online Subscription? Or is 16.0.3 not something I really need to fear at this point in time?

Also, how much of what I used to get Atmosphere 1.5.1 working on the first V1 Switch is able to be reused with 16.0.2 or 16.0.3 and this new Switch? I figured I'll need a newer version of Atmosphere than 1.5.1 and probably newer FS/ES loader patches. How about NXdumpTool and/or Tinfoil?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but...