thc42O

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mine just failed -.- no Led at power not recognized by wii / windows xp / windows vista

sending it back to them atleast its under warranty till 2013

do you think a wbfs drive will void the warranty?

Will they be smart enough to know about WBFS?

Or when promted to "format disk" as it asks u that everytime u hook a wbfs drive to windows will they just assume that was the problem
smile.gif

thc42O

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thats what i figure aswell, im gunna ship it tomorow same day delivery fedex and get my new on in probably 3 days
frown.gif

good thing all my games are on discs aswell
smile.gif

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like tj said, they won't have a clue what file system WBFS is. My friend bought one of these and it also died, so the reliability is apparently not very good on them. He called them and they said they'd take it for warranty, but he just returned it to the store. He doesn't have any drive now (put the money toward an XBox 360).

I use a regular IDE HDD in a cheap case right now. Works great, although noisy, since the drive is a 60GB from 2001...I need a bigger (and quieter) drive.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they don't bother to check disks, they just send you a new once they receive your broken one. Occasionally, they even send it before you send yours with the return envelope. Seagate use to be good but now Western Digital is better.

paulwesley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm been using the 500 gig I bought at wally world for a month kids and wife play it everyday like 10 hrs a day and works just fine for me except you have to unplug it and replug for usb loader to work

pembo

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a 500GB WD My book that died after 10 months of use. My seagate drive is still going strong 3 years later.

SSSMOKN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn you guys are scaring me... LOL. I have a WD my book 320 gig with alot of shit on it. Don't have a drive yet for the Wii. I have been trying to decide what to buy at the Wally World.

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a faulty hard drive is a faulty hard drive, irespective of the file system, even if they could prove that you had used wbfs, it wouldnt stop them being liable for a faulty hard drive.

As for Gary Glitter, he wasnt really into Wii, he was into something a little more suspect. I think we all would have shipped him off to the rozza's.

thc42O

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
paulwesley said:
hmm been using the 500 gig I bought at wally world for a month kids and wife play it everyday like 10 hrs a day and works just fine for me except you have to unplug it and replug for usb loader to work

using this exact drive

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had a Seagate Freeagent fail on me too. Right out of the box. I would have done research to find a good hard drive but it was a gift. They have an extensive history of overheating, since the hard drive is in a sealed case with very poor ventilation. I started a large file transfer and "Delayed Write Failures" began appearing and the thing overheated and fried itself. Great quality, I tell you!

Just take a look.

576ZR673tf

I am very happy with my Freeagent. Don't tell people to 'not buy' something basing on ur one and only experience. It's no useful message.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo_Chick said:
QUOTE said:
sending it back to them atleast its under warranty till 2013

OMG I NO EVURY FREE AGENT DICK DYES RITE WEN U USE IT CUZ DEY R DA WORSTEST THATS Y THEY HAVE SUCH A GREAT WARRENTY.

holy shit...i hope you were just posting that for jokes. it only makes you look like a tool when you post something with such bad grammar... or is that what is being taught now in the US?

anyways... i have heard of issues with free agent hardware.. i prefer name brand stuff myself (maxtor, seagate enclosures to name a few)

they shouldnt care what is on your disk, it should get replaced no questions asked. that is usually how RMA works for drives...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu