Hacking Doing a system transfer to emunand?

GolfDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How stable is it to do an official system transfer from a 3ds to a clean emunand on another system? has it been tried often? and vice versa? from emunand to 3ds on another system?

thedarkmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need to know this to, when I move from emuNAND from a 3DS to a N3DS.

I'm guessing you can't back-up and inject the emuNAND to a diffrent 3DS due to encryption, so a system transfer might be the only way. I did a transfer resently from 3DS to N3DS in sysNAND and the only requirement is that it must be at the latest firmware, and it didn't reboot during the process untill completed.

Edit: System Transfer might not work due to NNID. Can the 3DS work with a sysNAND and emuNAND on the SAME HARDWARE being diffrent? Not sure how the eStore/WiiVerse does it's checking (like does it have a serial number burnt into the board/MAC address etc)

berichan

ACNHMobileSpawner dev
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
AFAIK you can't system transfer to emuNAND because the receiving 3DS needs to restart to finish the transfer, which puts you in sysNAND (and subsequently tells you to wait 7 days before you can try again). However, transferring from emuNAND to sysNAND seems to be fine.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
AFAIK you can't system transfer to emuNAND because the receiving 3DS needs to restart to finish the transfer, which puts you in sysNAND (and subsequently tells you to wait 7 days before you can try again). However, transferring from emuNAND to sysNAND seems to be fine.

You can, I already did this when 8.1 was still the last update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol