Misc Doesn't detect Wireless internet?

lalalalala

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've googled for guides on getting onto WiFi, but nothing. I'm trying to play Animal Crossing's WiFi on my Supercard but it says that it can't detect the wireless internet. I tried manually setting up the search, but it doesn't work. Is there a solution to this? My router is definitely wireless capable. . .

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the router must be:

802.11B
WEB 64/128 bit with a valid key
Channels 1, 6 or 11
SSID set to public broadcast

Nintendo recommends that you change the SSID from the defult one that shipped with the router. this is because the nds will attempt to find the wifi connection via the SSID, and two or more matching SSIDs can cause errors. Also if you are using MAC address security (as suggested by thebobevil) then you must get the MAC address of your nds and add it to your router. Nintendo also recommends that you turn off any range enhancing features as they require a G or N network and can cause wifi problems with the nds.

if all that is set up correctly double check that the WEP key and SSID are correct in your nds. try to connect from different spots in the room. sometimes the router just doesn't kick the signal out the way you think it would.

on the back of your nds is a 1800 number where you can call nintendo for free support. give it a go.

finally, if you are setting up wifi for the first time.. make sure its actually on! =)

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up