Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You ever have it when youre in light sleep and you fall in youre pseudo dream or whatever and the you flinch in real life?

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, and it always scares me a lot
tongue.gif

ryuujin2788

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happens to me always (and only) when I fall asleep in a class. I'll usually snap back to reality with a huge flinch and maybe a yell occasionally. Quite embarrassing.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I'm trying to wake up but I can't I'll fall into a half-sleep state.

I was once dreaming I was some super hacker trying to save the world from sentinels(I watched all the Matrixes the other day) and when I woke up I was sitting behind my computer typing on a computer that was off.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I felt that I was fully conscious in my bed, suddenly I felt that every part of my body was paralyzed, and the blood was rushing through my body. Next thing I see was a pink skull with a body and there was a really loud high pitched background noise that was scaring the fuck out of me. I was then praying to god and trying to wake up at the same time, but I didn't wake up, because all that happened was that I was able to move again, and I was still at the same place. The worst dreams are the ones that some kind of monster fly in to your bedroom, you wake up, only to find your self in the same place.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im no doctor, but after watching House, Dr house said that when your body is falling asleep, your brain thinks your body is dying, so it sends a "jolt" to wake it up and check if its still alive.....
lecture.gif

Or something like that
unsure.gif

w00t!! 1000 POST!!!

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I rarely dream but when i dream i get the weirdest dreams one can possibly get. The weirdest and most scary occasion was the following one....

it was an extremelly hot and humid night about 5 years ago and I was in a guest room with my g/f at zakinthos. The owner actually had a hotel as well so basically we had all teh house for ourselves. Anyway after having some fun I had trouble sleeping because of the heat.

I was in this half-asleep situaton when i started dreaming that i was like conan (you know the barberian) in a mage's castle with really huge marble coridors and rooms. I was there to steal a gem or kill the ancient mage or some shit like that. Eventually i confronted him, shaved head, black robes standing on a higher level with an evil grin on his face. He smiles evily and raised his left arm and 3-4 tentacles came out of his robe waving around; apparently that was his hand.

then dark shadows gathered and formed a couple of large crocodile-like creatures made of concentrated shadow o.O

they started attaking me. I was doing fine i knew my strenght and had confidence. However, to my horror i realized that the creatures that I was slashing in half did not die. They reformed in smaller creatures. I started getting affraid that i was gonna die becasue eventually they would be to many for me to fight, jumping ferocious from every direction.

And that is what would have happened if i hadn't wake up at that moment.

....but something was weird. I was looking around the guest room and my g/f sleeping on my side and i could feel something was wrong. Someone was there. I though a f**king pervert was in the house or something like that and i was about to get up and check. I had taken my didgeridoo for the vacations and i was gonna use that as a weapon, i'm elvish-like build (the AD&D way). But i apart form my g/f's low breathing, the crickets outside and occasionaly a distant car i couldn't hear or see anything else.

then i realised that i could see someone standing completely still on teh lower left side of the bed (i was at the right). My heart started pumping and adrenaline made it's course through my whole body. I tried to get up and kick this guys ass so hard he would end up in the hospital. Of course if i wasn't dead by the time i would get up.

But i couldn't move, my freaking limbs wouldn't obey me. I felt so completely desperate i had never in my life felt before. I thought we were both dead for sure. But this guy wouldn't move at all. He would just stand there staring at us. I tried to make out his characteristics, get a glimpse of his intensions from his expression perhaps, but it was too dark where he was standing.

Then I started thinking that maybe I was still dreaming and instead of trying to get up I attempted to touch my g/f, cuddle her ...something. I knew she would respond back and actually wake me up if that was the case. But i couldn't do that either. All i could do was sit there in my agony.

And then i saw him!!! I saw his face! It was like fog clearing out. And he was looking at me and had an evil smile on his face. He was *ME*, it was my f**king freaking self, for fuck's shake, standing there still!

...and then i actually managed to touch her. And she respoded and I woke up and was able to move again. No need to mention i didn't manage to get any more sleep that night.

It scared the shit out of me. I hope you enjoyed. I remember 2-3 other ones. Nothing like that, they were normal dreams, as normal as my dreams can get (I saw god once), but still interesting ^^

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Its great when it happens, it make the dream feel. that much more real.

It's only great if it's a good dream like the one I had with Vida Guerra, but otherwise, a nightmare, you don't want.

i disagree

every dream is an experience. It goes beyond reality and effers excitment in a way no form of entertainment will be able to provide for at least the next millenium. i feel sad i don't see/experience more often such excellent entertainment

i haven't been scared from when i was like 10 yo and was waching horror films
i haven't felt love and disapointment so intensely as i have in dreams
i have never seen so weird shit as in dreams

all dreams rule

ediblebird

Trophies
XP
Country
I gasp, and my muscles tense, and it wakes me up. My brother use to wonder why i did it, it was always as i was drifting off to deep sleep.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acrocosm-
Your story reminds me of one that happened to my friend. I know your prob thinking "BS... surreee everyone has a 'friend' that something has happened to" but its completely possible.

well it was one of my next door roomates from the college dorms, he would spend the nites at his girl friends room, which was kinda a little apartment with 4 rooms. Each person had their own room and such,she had some drunk bastard roomates whom were drinking hard. And there was this one guy who was known for sleep walking...

So theyre sleeping and he wakes up in the nite cause he feels the bed moving. The guy was sitting on his bed (like a gargoyle) looking at them both while they slept wearing only a shirt, and nothing more. He was pulling the sheets towards him, so that they were both becoming uncovered. Being a pro biker, he was about to kick em so that he'd fly through the wall, but had his legs tangled around his gf's legs, making it difficult to take em out and such. His gf woke up tho, and started yelling at him to which point he just left still asleep.

I wished it would have ended with him going to the hospital for flying through the wall.. This would have been a much better story..

Nextime
tongue.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These usually happen to me when I'm half asleep, but my dreams are in full swing.

Heres some dreams that have made me flinch and wake up:

Running and tripping
Playing soccer and getting the ball kicked at me
Playing with a Yo-Yo and it hitting me in the face
Walking on a ladder's rungs thats laying on the ground and missing one and falling
Stepping on a cat

And I know theres more but I can't think of them right now

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Talking in your sleep eh?
I share a room with my two little brothers who both do it.
One of them makes sense when he talks in his sleep but he doesnt do it loudly.
Usually just stuff that happened that day, and hes commententing as if their happening now.

My other brother....
He randomly starts shouting nonsense words and whats even worse is he dont even wake up or remember it.
Its creepy as hell

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
acrocosm-
Your story reminds me of one that happened to my friend. I know your prob thinking "BS... surreee everyone has a 'friend' that something has happened to" but its completely possible.

well it was one of my next door roomates from the college dorms, he would spend the nites at his girl friends room, which was kinda a little apartment with 4 rooms. Each person had their own room and such,she had some drunk bastard roomates whom were drinking hard. And there was this one guy who was known for sleep walking...

So theyre sleeping and he wakes up in the nite cause he feels the bed moving. The guy was sitting on his bed (like a gargoyle) looking at them both while they slept wearing only a shirt, and nothing more. He was pulling the sheets towards him, so that they were both becoming uncovered. Being a pro biker, he was about to kick em so that he'd fly through the wall, but had his legs tangled around his gf's legs, making it difficult to take em out and such. His gf woke up tho, and started yelling at him to which point he just left still asleep.

I wished it would have ended with him going to the hospital for flying through the wall.. This would have been a much better story..

Nextime
tongue.gif

creepy
ohmy.gif
at least mine was just a dream

hahahahahah i just remembered a funny thing i did on my sleep once. my sister told me later, i couldn't remember a thing.
she was getting dressed for uni when suddenly i screemed and started hitting my head on the pillow, like those guys on the cartoon do with tthe wall. Been elastic the pillow was springing me backwards, making it more of a cartooney situation. then i fall down asleep again...

speaking of sleeptalking my current g/f also speaks nonsence from time to time but some times see would say normal things like "look casper it's there, it's there!!" (casper is our dog's name). i always try to get some of her words when she's speaking nonsense or initiate a "conversation" with her to see what kind of funny stuff i can pull out but when i do that she always replies me something totaly logical and goes back to sleep damn it
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: