Emulation Does the EZ Flash 3 in 1 support GB/GBC roms?

GammaGulp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I got my EZ Flash V..I downloaded the tool for it as well as GBALDR, but after I loaded a game onto it (deleting NOR, writing NOR) it goes throught the GBA screen that states that the save file is corrupt...help?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBA games that use EEPROM or Flash save types need to be patched in order to save to the SRAM in the 3-in-1.

Use GBATA if you want to run games from PSRAM with the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool. If you don't care about running games from PSRAM, you can patch the games with the EZ4 Client.

Games that use 1024Kbit flash saves need to be patched with the EZ4 Client.

GammaGulp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I SRAM patched 2 of my roms and when I moved them to my GBA folder on my microSD card everything in the folder got corrupted...I had to reformat my card (no biggy) but why did it corrupt like that?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're using the card reader that came with the R4, it's probably at fault. If you have a different card reader, use it. If you don't, consider getting one.

Also, make sure you do the "Safely Remove Hardware" thing before you disconnect it from the PC.

GammaGulp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I always do safely disconnect...but I don't think it's the USB card reader because it's been working fine for every other file besides those gba ones. I'll back up my card again and try the gba patching again. But all I have to do is go to the SRAM tab in the patcher, and select the gba rom, then hit patch? Then drag and drop the output file into a GBA folder? Do I have to do anything within the R4?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But all I have to do is go to the SRAM tab in the patcher, and select the gba rom, then hit patch? Then drag and drop the output file into a GBA folder?Yes.

QUOTE said:
Do I have to do anything within the R4?
You need to run whatever program you're going to use to load the games on the 3-in-1. Your choices are the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool (download), GBALdr, or NDStation, which I haven't tried yet.

I use the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool myself.

GammaGulp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used NDStation on Mario Advance 2, 3, and 4. Mario Advance 2 works perfectly fine, but 3 & 4 are still giving me the whole "Your save file is corrupt" deal..

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mario Advance 4 uses a 1024 Kbit Flash save, so you should patch it with the EZ4 Client instead of GBATA. It will still give the corrupt save error the first time you run it, but after that it should work properly.

As for Mario Advance 3, did you patch it? did you run it more than once? Some games just give an error like that the first time you run them because they don't find any save data.

Pulka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using LameBoy.
No problems at all!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...