mjaeson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does Moonshell run on a Gameboy Advance SP
smile.gif

Or is there anything that may come close?

(I'm using a supercard minisd on a gba sp)

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No, Moonshell does not run on any GBA since it's a homebrew strictly for the DS.

There should be some applications that does just about the same thing, but unfortunately I'm unaware of their names.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, there was something "similar" search for Pogoshell!

Here:
QUOTE said:
What is Pogoshell?
First of all, Pogoshell really is only useful to people who own a Gameboy Advance and a flashcart. It uses special features of flashcarts that is not yet supported by any emulator.
Pogoshell is (at it's simplest) a replacement for the menu-program you get when you put several roms on your flash cart. But it's more than that since it actually uses a filesystem with directories so you can put roms along with other files just like you would on your computer. Pogoshell can be extended to handle different file types (like playing music, running nes and spectrum games, viewing pictures etc).

It also has an SRAM filesystem that lets you have much more than 4 saves at a time on your flashcart.

Pogoshell lets you browse and handle files in a Flash Advance Card ROM filesystem, almost like in Windows Explorer. You simply copy all files you want (both data files .txt .bmp and executable GBA roms) into a root directory on PC, sort it the way you want under subdirectories and than Flash it! I also included PogoNES plugging that will add support for .NES roms. So now to play NES ROMS on gba you just have to copy them into the PogoShell \ROOT\ folder - turn on your Flash Advance Linker and run GO.BAT All the files will be flashed to the FA Card and in your gameboy you can run *.nes files as if they were .exe files on PC
wink.gif

Source:
http://www.gameboy-advance.net/gba_roms/pogoshell.htm

Only thing is that it's not compatible with all flashcarts, so you'll have to see which work and which don't!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pogoshell will not work correctly on a Supercard, so that's not a good suggestion.

What exactly are you trying to do? For media files, your best bets are GBA GSM Player (my recommendation) or MusicPlayer Advance. You can't playback mp3 files directly since the GBA isn't powerful enough, but with these two applications you can get decent-sounding audio at a relatively low filesize.

I'd recommend against using the GBA Media Player thing (filmplay.gba with converted GBS files) as that will sound pretty bad, worse than GSM Player or MPA.

mjaeson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wanted to play movies in my Supercard, I used Movie Player (came from Supercard site).

It converted the file but only thing i got were pixels playing in my GBA
frown.gif

closest thing I got to work was Meteo, which converted fine but every button pressed rewinds the video

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mjaeson said:
I wanted to play movies in my Supercard, I used Movie Player (came from Supercard site).

It converted the file but only thing i got were pixels playing in my GBA
frown.gif

That's because you were using the wrong converter software. Which is completely understandable since the one on the Supercard site is the wrong version. Check http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Supercard for instructions on getting the right software. However, it's still not the greatest video quality ever.

QUOTEclosest thing I got to work was Meteo, which converted fine but every button pressed rewinds the video
Meteo 1.4.0 supports more input video codecs and supports fast-forward with the A button, which may interest you. Check this archived page for a working download link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.