Does Moonshell run on a Gameboy Advance SP

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by mjaeson, Dec 3, 2008.

Dec 3, 2008
  1. mjaeson
    OP

Newcomer mjaeson Newbie

Philippines
    Does Moonshell run on a Gameboy Advance SP [​IMG]

Or is there anything that may come close?

(I'm using a supercard minisd on a gba sp)

2. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    No, Moonshell does not run on any GBA since it's a homebrew strictly for the DS.

There should be some applications that does just about the same thing, but unfortunately I'm unaware of their names.

3. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Yeah, there was something "similar" search for Pogoshell!

Here:

Source:
    http://www.gameboy-advance.net/gba_roms/pogoshell.htm

Only thing is that it's not compatible with all flashcarts, so you'll have to see which work and which don't!

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Pogoshell will not work correctly on a Supercard, so that's not a good suggestion.

What exactly are you trying to do? For media files, your best bets are GBA GSM Player (my recommendation) or MusicPlayer Advance. You can't playback mp3 files directly since the GBA isn't powerful enough, but with these two applications you can get decent-sounding audio at a relatively low filesize.

I'd recommend against using the GBA Media Player thing (filmplay.gba with converted GBS files) as that will sound pretty bad, worse than GSM Player or MPA.

5. mjaeson
    OP

Newcomer mjaeson Newbie

Philippines
    I wanted to play movies in my Supercard, I used Movie Player (came from Supercard site).

It converted the file but only thing i got were pixels playing in my GBA [​IMG]

closest thing I got to work was Meteo, which converted fine but every button pressed rewinds the video

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Meteo 1.4.0 supports more input video codecs and supports fast-forward with the A button, which may interest you. Check this archived page for a working download link.