Homebrew Does Luma3ds allow you to go online without updating the game itself?

ar4757

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ask this because I just got Zygarde through the mystery gift in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, but realized having just installed Luma the other day, I didn't have the 1.4 update patch installed yet. Despite this, the mystery gift still worked. Does this mean Luma allows online access without patching the game? That would be weird if so because how would online play work between two people? And I read the mystery gift needs an updated game to work so idk what happened, thanks

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I do believe there was an early update that allowed out of date FW's to use eShop and online features without updating. I don't remember when it was though or if I am completely correct :unsure:

ar4757

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm thanks for that, I think that might just refer to the firmware of the 3ds though, ya know? Hard to say

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I dunno what the benefit of this feature would be, but I do know that installing a CFW would not affect installed updates already on the SD. Your part about installing Luma is rather ambiguous, and we don't know if you moved to it from a previous CFW or if this is a fresh setup.

ar4757

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds is blank slate, no data whatsoever, and is on 10.7 Sysnand Luma3ds cfw. I popped in my Sapphire cartridge and downloaded a mystery gift successfully. It shouldn't have worked without installing the 1.4 patch for Sapphire, so I assume Luma must be doing something

Hoppy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you don't need the update to download a Mystery Gift... Have you tried any other games that require an update, or another feature in Pokemon? (such as a battle)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.