Hardware Does bad/fake m92t makes battery drain fast?

S60Doc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys recently got nintendo switch from ebay. It was broken charging port and m92T. Replaced both. I was messing with it last night before sleeping. Battery was around %35-40. I turned off(I believe) woke up this morning checked it wasn't coming on. Plug into charger and charging icon top left corner comes and goes back repeatedly. Ended up unplugging battery and plug it back then It started to charging normally. I let it charge up to %100 then I unplugged charger it was around 3-4pm. When I checked back around 9pm battery was %52. i'm assuming it's bad/fake m92T. I got this m92T from ebay 10 for $50.

What you guys think? Photo belongs to old CP.

Attachments

• E64D3406-69FE-456E-8D48-F8FFD77251BC.jpeg
    E64D3406-69FE-456E-8D48-F8FFD77251BC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
Reactions: Prophecy1059

Prophecy1059

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not sure if anyone else has any way to confirm this. But i work in a repair shop and see a LOT of phones and consoles. And with switches I've noticed if the m92 has gone bad it is also draining the battery and killing it this is likely do to chargers that aren't the original. Iphones do the same kind of thing when they get vcc main issues or Tristar issues, and they kill their batteries as well as the chip. Just last week I had to change a m92 and a battery in a switch because the m92 went bad, and the battery wouldn't come to life. Now before accepting that as truth, look around in these forums, there are plenty of posts about how to check your m92 and bq to make sure they are sending voltage correctly, same as the port.

I will say it is not entirely impossible that your m92 is faulty, but I wouldn't say it's fake, if it was you'd be having issues getting the switch to do anything.

Last edited by Prophecy1059,
Reactions: S60Doc

S60Doc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not sure if anyone else has any way to confirm this. But i work in a repair shop and see a LOT of phones and consoles. And with switches I've noticed if the m92 has gone bad it is also draining the battery and killing it this is likely do to chargers that aren't the original. Iphones do the same kind of thing when they get vcc main issues or Tristar issues, and they kill their batteries as well as the chip. Just last week I had to change a m92 and a battery in a switch because the m92 went bad, and the battery wouldn't come to life. Now before accepting that as truth, look around in these forums, there are plenty of posts about how to check your m92 and bq to make sure they are sending voltage correctly, same as the port.

I will say it is not entirely impossible that your m92 is faulty, but I wouldn't say it's fake, if it was you'd be having issues getting the switch to do anything.

i got same issue everytime I try to old battery ended up bad m92t again. So ended up replacing battery either. So you're saying that my battery maybe bad either. So let me try with brand new battery. If it's not draining fast then yes we could say bad m92t cause battery goes bad. But I've replaced couple another m92T why they didn't have problem with battery.
I'm also mostly doing iphone repair. I feel you. Other reason might be this guy left nintendo for a while after charging port went bad. So lithium ion batteries goes bad if you leave them less than %40-50 charged. I read this on apple's website. So you're right it might be battery.. i have new one let me try and I'll write results here.

Reactions: Prophecy1059

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system