Hacking Does anyone want a vWii NAND Restorer?

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recently ported Wii U NAND Extractor to C and I was also able to port it to the Wii U, so now it is possible to extract a NAND image directly from the Wii U.
I also made a slccmpt-fixer which fixes the modes/permissions on your vWii from Wii U mode.
So it would be easily possible to make a program that:
  1. Extracts your slccmpt nand image
  2. Clears your slccmpt
  3. Copies all contents from the extracted NAND to the slccmpt
  4. Fixes the modes
The problem with this is that it is really risky to do so. If your Wii U crashes or the program fails you may end up with a blank slccmpt and even brick your Wii U! I think this is what happened to @monkeyman4412.
And I don't want to be blamed for this.
Maybe someone having some more experience with C and the Wii U wants to help with this project and help with some safety checks?
Or I'll just leave it and you have to do it manually via FTP...

Maybe I'll add a poll later but currently I just want to hear your opinions.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I recently ported Wii U NAND Extractor to C and I was also able to port it to the Wii U, so now it is possible to extract a NAND image directly from the Wii U.
I also made a slccmpt-fixer which fixes the modes/permissions on your vWii from Wii U mode.
So it would be easily possible to make a program that:
  1. Extracts your slccmpt nand image
  2. Clears your slccmpt
  3. Copies all contents from the extracted NAND to the slccmpt
  4. Fixes the modes
The problem with this is that it is really risky to do so. If your Wii U crashes or the program fails you may end up with a blank slccmpt and even brick your Wii U! I think this is what happened to @monkeyman4412.
And I don't want to be blamed for this.
Maybe someone having some more experience with C and the Wii U wants to help with this project and help with some safety checks?
Or I'll just leave it and you have to do it manually via FTP...

Maybe I'll add a poll later but currently I just want to hear your opinions.

Hello.:)

A great Thing (what is NOT risky on the Wii U :evil:).
Yes of course such Tools are needed and it is great that People like you port and further develope it.
People always will and do "destroy" their Devices using "dangerous" Tools (without Knowledge and Reading) so why you should be blamed on it.:)

Yes,please.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: GaryOderNichts
D

Deleted User

What was the problem and how did you fix it?
basically restored permission manually, if your referring to the console itself being bricked. It was some werid warmboot issue. After I unplugged the console, and re plugged it in, the main system was able to boot just fine. course the vwii was completely cooked. Which I then asked a nand backup from somebody else to get my system up and running. (aka restoring permissions and such)
Theoretically, you could get a wiiu to redownload all vwii contents from nus and install it through the wiiu side. As the vwii common key is not used (ironically) during vwii. It's used during when the wiiu side updates vwii

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
basically restored permission manually, if your referring to the console itself being bricked. It was some werid warmboot issue. After I unplugged the console, and re plugged it in, the main system was able to boot just fine. course the vwii was completely cooked. Which I then asked a nand backup from somebody else to get my system up and running. (aka restoring permissions and such)
Theoretically, you could get a wiiu to redownload all vwii contents from nus and install it through the wiiu side. As the vwii common key is not used (ironically) during vwii. It's used during when the wiiu side updates vwii
Thats nice to hear.
I'll start working at the nand restorer now,

Edit: Could you maybe explain a little bit more about that nus restore thing? So I can add that to my vWii unbrick Guide or even make a Tool for that.

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-