Hacking Hardware Homebrew vWii freezes every 3 seconds

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm facing a issue with vwii so much times it freezes for example when I want to boot a games in USB Loader and it remains stuck with black screen or casually when I play a game for example it appears randomly the Wii death sound and in these cases I'm forced to unplug the A/C adapter from the Wii U but I'm worried to do this so many times because I'm afraid that it could damage the console, I wanted to know from vwii there is a program that lets you shut down the Wii u from the power button in the freeze cases? so as to ensure that I don't have to do that risky procedure?, sorry for my possibly bad english.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The short answer is no, you cannot shut down the wii u from a vWii app. If your console has crashed, how would one launch such a thing!

There's no danger in pulling the plug however I would look into fixing your issue rather than looking for a quicker way to reboot it.

Is your console overheating? Is your hhd overheating / dying/ corrupt/ or you have a thumb drive? What mod are you using ie tiramisu or aroma?

Reactions: jeannotte

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The short answer is no, you cannot shut down the wii u from a vWii app. If your console has crashed, how would one launch such a thing!

There's no danger in pulling the plug however I would look into fixing your issue rather than looking for a quicker way to reboot it.

Is your console overheating? Is your hhd overheating / dying/ corrupt/ or you have a thumb drive? What mod are you using ie tiramisu or aroma?
If I'm not wrong I have haxchi on my Wii U and in the vwii I have priiloader for brick protection and riiconect24

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is indeed an Aroma plugin enabling 4 button power press in vWii but a 4 button press is basically the same as pulling the plug.

Wii U games work just fine, right? That pretty much rules out overheating issues on the Wii U (vWii mode should produce less heat than Wii U mode). So I would expect the USB drive to be the issue. What kind of drive is it and how is it connected? Also did it work in the past?

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe update to aroma or tiramasu then aswell as your vwii stuff but again i stress, check your console is not overheating and check hdd for errors, corruption ect.

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is indeed an Aroma plugin enabling 4 button power press in vWii but a 4 button press is basically the same as pulling the plug.

Wii U games work just fine, right? That pretty much rules out overheating issues on the Wii U (vWii mode should produce less heat than Wii U mode). So I would expect the USB drive to be the issue. What kind of drive is it and how is it connected? Also did it work in the past?
for playing games i use a lexar sd card card i buyed recently and i dont think that its the sd card the problem

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@SDIO good point. Would still do a h2testw check, too, just to make sure it's not a fake card.

These FAT corruptions happen btw cause of crashes (that's why you want your software to be stable. A modern stack doesn't crash. If you have random crashes you should find and fix the root. For the OP this means updating to Tiramisu as Haxchi does produce random crashes) or cause of homebrews using their own FAT drivers on Aroma (with some plugins like FTPiiU you have two drivers accessing the card at the same time in such a situation, both drivers using their own cache and stuff). I tried to get homebrew devs to not use own FAT drivers when Aroma started but not many where listening, so not sure how many homebrews still use custom/embedded FAT drivers these days.

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@SDIO good point. Would still do a h2testw check, too, just to make sure it's not a fake card.

These FAT corruptions happen btw cause of crashes (that's why you want your software to be stable. A modern stack doesn't crash. If you have random crashes you should find and fix the root. For the OP this means updating to Tiramisu as Haxchi does produce random crashes) or cause of homebrews using their own FAT drivers on Aroma (with some plugins like FTPiiU you have two drivers accessing the card at the same time in such a situation, both drivers using their own cache and stuff). I tried to get homebrew devs to not use own FAT drivers when Aroma started but not many where listening, so not sure how many homebrews still use custom/embedded FAT drivers these days.
In fact I have haxchi on my Wii U in fact I was thinking about switching to tiramisu but in any case the crashes for example always happen immediately after I talk about animals crossing city folk for the first time with the mayor of the city, so you're saying that if I switched to tiramisu I wouldn't have these problems?
Post automatically merged:

I also ran the text you told me but with an alternative to Linux because I don't use Windows and luckily it turned out that the SD card is real

Last edited by greensciuto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright