Does anyone know how to dump Fire Emblem Fates models?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by SuperSpeedster11, Jun 30, 2017.

1. SuperSpeedster11
    OP

SuperSpeedster11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2010
    United States
    Trying to dump Rhajat's model.

Thanks in advance!

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Dump the game's contents. Find the game in .cia format and find out how to extract the contents of the .cia.

3. SuperSpeedster11
    OP

SuperSpeedster11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2010
    United States
    I already have the contents open. I just have no way of knowing which file is for rhajat since they are in symbols.

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Look for Rhajat's Japanese name. I don't know where the models are stored.

5. SuperSpeedster11
    OP

SuperSpeedster11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2010
    United States
    I know where the models are stored. I don't know how to get the face assets since whenever I try to copy the folder over it fails

6. Samsonb79

Samsonb79 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    United States
    You can alway load evey model into ohana3ds, for character specific models, you will see a "ch***" (with *** being some number) somewhere in the file name. by looking for other files with the same number, you can usually find all the models for a specific character

7. Shiro-san

Shiro-san Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Tellius
    All the information and tools you need about it is on this Serenes Forest post.

Summed up as best as I can: All 3d models are stored in the /bu folder of your dumped files. If a character has a special model, it will have their character ID attached to it (except in Corrin's case, but to find the class model name, you can search it with Kana's ID.)

uBody/Dress: clothes and armor. The body
    uFace: character face
    uHair: character hair (appears invisible in Ohana3ds because it is colored ingame)
    Files ending with cl0n_P are textures.
    M/F/N refer to what gender the model is meant for. M/F is male or female, N is for horses and dragons.

example: uBody_M_nagi_0_ch144.bch is the armor model for Shiro's spear fighter and spear master classes.

Character IDs