Gaming Does anyone know ho to import Mii to switch?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I setup my switch and been playing it for a day now but is bothered me since it ask for profile image. I currently use mario as selected profile image, but it says i can use a mii. The options were creating a new one or using a amiibo card. Not sure what a mii amiibo card is, i thought amiibo only came like the skylander toy things.

I just want to import my mii i had made on my 3DS or wii u. (Is technically the same one as 3ds since it was import) But i dunno if anyone has managed to do it yet, so if is possible, please let me know. :ninja:

thomasnet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the same problem. Go buy (or use) an amiibo, register it on your 3DS / Wii U then create a Mii using that.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess i could buy one, I had interest in amiibo since smash bros and that cpu training stuff but i just never thought of getting one for the price. I did want marth or shulk since i do use them the most in smash bros, but now is a matter of how useful it will be in future games, since i don't really play fire emblem games and xenoblade chronicles x didn't even use amiibo, not much going for it. To me is a very important decision even though is probably under $20 considering is not a shortage or scalping or anything like that one youtube video of haters buying them all so others can't get any. I didn't really have many games asking for amiibo that would consider game changing like mario maker or something, but i do have breath of the wild on switch and i still don't use amiibo, cause i just dunno which one to get now. Perhaps if xenoblade 2 does use amiibo, i will consider shulk as option. :)

But does it have to be a card? Cause the system said amiibo card, and i didn't know they sold those.:unsure:

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But does it have to be a card? Cause the system said amiibo card, and i didn't know they sold those.:unsure:
Nah, normal Amiibo works. And they do have cards, Animal Crossing series is (mostly) in that form. But weird, I'm in my profile settings and it doesn't say anything about cards, just about importing from amiibo.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, normal Amiibo works. And they do have cards, Animal Crossing series is (mostly) in that form. But weird, I'm in my profile settings and it doesn't say anything about cards, just about importing from amiibo.
Well it was during initial setup, either way, i may just have to make a new mii hoping they added some more improvements to mii maker, why it didn't just have import from 3ds or wii u is silly, but guess that how is gonna be nintendo. O_O

plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's mildly bizarre that the only way to transfer Miis from previous generations is to either manually copy their parameters over from the older systems or register them to your amiibo and copy from there, one by one, agonizingly slowly. I have a bunch of Miis from all the way back to the Wii era on my 3DS, it's a shame I'm not gonna be able to bring 'em over.
(Clearly, what we need is a Mii Bank and Mii Transporter... :ha:)

Honestly, though, even more than transferring my old Miis, what I want most is being able to import Miitomo (and maybe Tomodachi Life) Miis, with all the custom clothes and wigs and stuff still intact.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

sigboe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I had some NFC tags laying around, So I used tagmo to write an amiibo to it, then registered my self as an owner on my Wii U, then imported it on the switch.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's mildly bizarre that the only way to transfer Miis from previous generations is to either manually copy their parameters over from the older systems or register them to your amiibo and copy from there, one by one, agonizingly slowly. I have a bunch of Miis from all the way back to the Wii era on my 3DS, it's a shame I'm not gonna be able to bring 'em over.
(Clearly, what we need is a Mii Bank and Mii Transporter... :ha:)

Honestly, though, even more than transferring my old Miis, what I want most is being able to import Miitomo (and maybe Tomodachi Life) Miis, with all the custom clothes and wigs and stuff still intact.
Well on wii, you can store mii into wii motes and take it to friends house, but not many games used miis, then on 3ds you supposed to be able to import and export with wii and wii u, but switch require cards for some reason, don't kno why but is just changing things that didn't need changing, they should focus on changing stuff that DO need change. :P

Cellphones at least have NFC in side so perhaps maybe having a mii app manager on there would be nice, considering you will need a app for switch anyway. :unsure:

D

Deleted User

Doesn't linking your NNID to your Nintendo Account ID work? [Like it would show your Mii on Switch]

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Doesn't linking your NNID to your Nintendo Account ID work? [Like it would show your Mii on Switch]
No it doesn't sadly. I had mine NNID tied to my Nintendo Account for a while (due to My Nintendo) and I still had to use an Amiibo to get my Mii onto it.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others said an amiibo works.
But once i made one i did see an optioin for send/recivimg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice