Hacking Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a solution..?

RisnDevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I followed the directions from this site, and modded my Wii several months back. I am on 4.1U, and have no other idea about the other cIOS I have installed and such (have had to install several different ones for some games). Everything works great, my only "problem" is this: when I load a backup, regardless of what backup loader I use, if I exit and try to load another game, I always have to restart my Wii or it fails to load the new backup. Is this common (normal even)? Did someone else have this problem and fix it? Any help is appreciated.

RisnDevil

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.
lecture.gif
This happens because you are using Waninkoko's cIOS rev14, which breaks game reloads and dual-layer discs.
hate2.gif

He just released cIOS38 rev16, so try that. Also, Hermes cIOS222/223 rev4 has none of these problems, but certain backup loaders cannot use it yet.

Also, try a USB Loader: They save discs and work with USB HDD's, USB stick's, and SD Cards; they also support all possible filesystems for the devices (NTFS, FAT32, WBFS) and they are really simple to use. I recommend Configurable USB Loader if USB Loader GX does not work for you.

RisnDevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew I should have used a little more detail, but not knowing what is relevant, I skimped on details.

I AM using a USB Loader, Configurable USB Loader (1.5 I think) and it still gives me problems loading different consecutive images without restarting.

Hope that helps, and thanks for the fast replies!

RisnDevil

RisnDevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu, I use Frontloader to make channels for my images: does Frontloader support v50c? If I replace version on my SD card, will I have to recreate all my channels, or does it launch them all the same? And do you have d/l link?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
lecture.gif
This happens because you are using Waninkoko's cIOS rev14, which breaks game reloads and dual-layer discs.
hate2.gif

He just released cIOS38 rev16, so try that. Also, Hermes cIOS222/223 rev4 has none of these problems, but certain backup loaders cannot use it yet.

Also, try a USB Loader: They save discs and work with USB HDD's, USB stick's, and SD Cards; they also support all possible filesystems for the devices (NTFS, FAT32, WBFS) and they are really simple to use. I recommend Configurable USB Loader if USB Loader GX does not work for you.

It was actually Rev13 that caused the issue with having to restart the wii in order to play a new game from a usb loader not Rev14

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Fishaman P said:
lecture.gif
hate2.gif

It was actually Rev13 that caused the issue with having to restart the wii in order to play a new game from a usb loader not Rev14

OK, I'll give you that, but rev14 also has this issue, AND it broke dual-layer.
Anyway, install Hermes cIOS 222/223 rev4 because it fixes ALL these problems. You can even load multiple games without restarting the Wii. It completely worked with a forwarder channel used with 50c & 50c-fat. (Will there be a 50c-ntfs?)
Oh, yeah, and to save confusion, you cannot install games to NTFS yet; either convert and trim a .wbfs file or trim a modded .iso (Remove all partitions except the game partition; SSBB VC game trials just return you to the menu and if you want the MK Channel from MKW, then you probably installed it already.)

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
icpmattj said:
Fishaman P said:
lecture.gif
hate2.gif

OK, I'll give you that, but rev14 also has this issue, AND it broke dual-layer.
Anyway, install Hermes cIOS 222/223 rev4 because it fixes ALL these problems. You can even load multiple games without restarting the Wii. It completely worked with a forwarder channel used with 50c & 50c-fat. (Will there be a 50c-ntfs?)
Oh, yeah, and to save confusion, you cannot install games to NTFS yet; either convert and trim a .wbfs file or trim a modded .iso (Remove all partitions except the game partition; SSBB VC game trials just return you to the menu and if you want the MK Channel from MKW, then you probably installed it already.)

No you fail again, rev 14 doesnt has the issue with restarting the wii in order to play another game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.