Does anybody have the old Health and Safety Information CIA?

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Which region are we talking about ?

Edit: Just to test NUS, I grabbed the USA region H&S App V2051 that was updated with firmware V6.1.0-12U. I can't test this on my 3DS as it's an Australian model.

Last edited by Slade.AU,

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which region are we talking about ?

Edit: Just to test NUS, I grabbed the USA region H&S App V2051 that was updated with firmware V6.1.0-12U. I can't test this on my 3DS as it's an Australian model.

Thanks for the letting me know which firmware it came from. I just downloaded the firmware and can confirm that it contains the needed cia file for the old 3ds (USA). The latest cia file for the new 3ds (USA) is in V11.8.0-41U. So now there is hopefully an easy way to get them @EmmettVA or if anyone else needs them. I also found what I assume is a full title ID list for both the old and new 3DS. It's useful if you want to know which firmware contained which system app or updated version of a system app. It helped me find out where the cia for the new 3ds was.

https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?sys=ctr
https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?sys=ktr

Last edited by ILuvGames,

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the letting me know which firmware it came from. I just downloaded the firmware and can confirm that it contains the needed cia file for the old 3ds (USA). The latest cia file for the new 3ds (USA) is in V11.8.0-41U. So now there is hopefully an easy way to get them @EmmettVA or if anyone else needs them. I also found what I assume is a full title ID list for both the old and new 3DS. It's useful if you want to know which firmware contained which system app or updated version of a system app. It helped me find out where the cia for the new 3ds was.

https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?sys=ctr
https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?sys=ktr

Yeah, that's one way of going about it, but it almost seems like buying a whole car just to get the tires off it....
There's nothing wrong with the way you did it, but mucking about finding which firmware has which files seems harder than just downloading the exact file you need.

If you grab the NUS downloader from Github. Input the title as 0004001000021300 and version as 2051 you can download just the CIA for the H&S app. If you want a different version, 3dbrew has the details required. You can grab any version of any system app this way without needing the whole firmware and something to extract the files from it.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Slade.AU I had no joy with the original NUS downloader or the old modded one either when I tried it to see if I could make it work for myself out of interest. That's why I tried the way I mentioned because I was 99% certain they would be in a firmware update somewhere and i didn't want to download random 3ds firmwares, hoping it would be in there. The version of NUS downloader you linked to and used, I didn't find. It worked with no problems so thanks for linking to it. It's bound to help @EmmettVA and anyone else who reads this thread. I did look at the 3dbrew title ID page initially but I found the way it was set out a bit awkward. You could only get the firmware version that included the app you wanted if you clicked on the version number for the app. Some of the links are dead and/or out of date. For example, the latest version of the USA H&S app isn't v2051 as 3dbrew shows. it's v3073 according to what I used and it downloads fine. I can understand why people link to it and use it though.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
@Slade.AU I had no joy with the original NUS downloader or the old modded one either when I tried it to see if I could make it work for myself out of interest. That's why I tried the way I mentioned because I was 99% certain they would be in a firmware update somewhere and i didn't want to download random 3ds firmwares, hoping it would be in there. The version of NUS downloader you linked to and used, I didn't find. It worked with no problems so thanks for linking to it. It's bound to help @EmmettVA and anyone else who reads this thread. I did look at the 3dbrew title ID page initially but I found the way it was set out a bit awkward. You could only get the firmware version that included the app you wanted if you clicked on the version number for the app. Some of the links are dead and/or out of date. For example, the latest version of the USA H&S app isn't v2051 as 3dbrew shows. it's v3073 according to what I used and it downloads fine. I can understand why people link to it and use it though.

I tried several NUS downloaders as well, and they all errored out, failed to run, etc. So I can appreciate your frustration. I just happened to stumble upon another version that worked.

As for 3dbrew, I guess with the 3DS being "old" now (me too it seems), people just stopped caring about updating the information. Unfortunately it'll still be one of the better places to go for information, which will perpetuate outdated info being spread.

Given that I can't see Nintendo keeping the NUS servers online forever, it might be pertinent for people to grab the updated firmwares now before we no longer can. I have a 3DS, unmodified, that is on firmware 4.5... I really should get in and update / hack it, but part of me wants to leave it that way.

Glad you got it sorted though.

Reactions: ILuvGames

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Slade.AU Unless there is some legal reason they should be taken down or the website owner that hosts them can't pay for the server traffic anymore, old firmware versions like that should be pretty safe in regards to availability. Glad you still have an unmodified 3DS. I'd leave it that way myself. Mine is not like that ;) but it think that (figuratively) once you've had enough of playing whatever game for free if that's what the majority of people will do, you soon get bored without a good homebrew scene as well.

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
@ILuvGames
I was thinking more along the lines of Nintendo taking the update servers down. I've never looked into how to update a 3DS without being online or through official channels. I'd be surprised if there isn't a homebrew solution.

I collect handheld consoles and am only missing (from the Nintendo 3DS family) the OG 3DS (finding a decent price on an AGS-101 has proven a challenge). I traded mine years ago to the 3DS XL when it came out. I want to get one at some stage to round out the collection. I have hacked most of the 3DS's I own, except for the original 3DS XL. Some were hacked more recently than others to take advantage of Netpass and to finish those damned puzzle pieces :)

btjunior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to uninstall the app with gm9, then update the system. It will download the cia from nintendo's servers and reinstall on your system.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
@ILuvGames
I was thinking more along the lines of Nintendo taking the update servers down. I've never looked into how to update a 3DS without being online or through official channels. I'd be surprised if there isn't a homebrew solution.

I collect handheld consoles and am only missing (from the Nintendo 3DS family) the OG 3DS (finding a decent price on an AGS-101 has proven a challenge). I traded mine years ago to the 3DS XL when it came out. I want to get one at some stage to round out the collection. I have hacked most of the 3DS's I own, except for the original 3DS XL. Some were hacked more recently than others to take advantage of Netpass and to finish those damned puzzle pieces :)
The CDN for the Wii firmware updates is still online after all these years, I don't think Nintendo's shutting down the update CDN for the 3DS in the near future.

P.S. An archive for 3DS firmware images exists, containing almost all versions released. I don't think I can link to it, but it's there. The problem might be with flashing the firmware though, as most firmware flasher homebrew apps are outdated.

Reactions: btjunior

btjunior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CDN for the Wii firmware updates is still online after all these years, I don't think Nintendo's shutting down the update CDN for the 3DS in the near future.

P.S. An archive for 3DS firmware images exists, containing almost all versions released. I don't think I can link to it, but it's there. The problem might be with flashing the firmware though, as most firmware flasher homebrew apps are outdated.
You can use gm9 iirc

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
You can use gm9 iirc

I'm happy to be corrected, but I couldn't find anything in gm9 to suggest updating a 3DS with a firmware file.
I appreciate it can be done manually by installing the separate cia's using either gm9 or FBI, but this may be inherently dangerous if a file is missed or updated incorrectly.

That I didn't know. I haven't turned my Wii on in...many years now. I turned my Wii U on the other month to make sure it still functioned, but turned it off a few minutes later.

Here's hoping the update servers stay for a while longer. I have 2 3DS's on low firmwares at present.

btjunior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Not just "some" - I think it's 24 now that have legalized it for adults, so nearly half!